·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
I have an 08 and cant get inspected in NJ because the CEL is on. Code is calling for the TPS replacement.. Is there a site I can use to check if mine is covered by this recall?..

Frustrating...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Thanks a million, I was told by a ex GMTECH at a local Garage that the entire TB had to be replaced.. I'm searching now for the location of the TPS.. Any help with locating it would be appreciated.

I also read I think on this post (I read about 50k posts on this) that it may have just be a loose TPS plug and a tie wrap holding it tight may clear the code, but I still have to locate and access that theory.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
I will now be taking my 08 in for this issue for the 11th time. Anyone having similar problems?? Mine is going to get me killed one day as it puts me in limp mode at 65 mph. Only have 55000 miles.

·
NOT SLOW, NOT FAST
TrailblazerSS
1,982 Posts
I didnt read the 6 pages in this thread but my throttle position sensor issues were solved by replacing my throttle body :2cents:

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,765 Posts
The TPS is an easy sensor to swap. The only hard part is trying not to drop the little metal clips that hold it on. The stock throttle body itself is fairly cheap, and there's usually a few for sale here if you wanted to take a shot at changing the entire assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2wd
28 Posts
So where do go from here if you still encounter the dead pedal but have changed both TPS and pedal assembly with sensor. All parts are factory AC Delco (stealership) No CEL's. Throttle body will be replaced with new unit next.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2wd
28 Posts
Replaced throttle body with new one and still have the same problem. Hate to get rid of it because of electrical problems. I have a warranty on it but unless it throws a trouble code the dealership will not touch it

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
21 Posts
Hmm. I purchased my truck in April and have the TPS and Stabiltrak issue, but have not yet received the letter. I'm assuming since this thread started in '12 thats when the recall's went out. How do I see if I'm covered for this?

·
mixmaster
TrailblazerSS
826 Posts
+1 - how long is this SB valid for to make a claim?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,587 Posts
Replaced throttle body with new one and still have the same problem. Hate to get rid of it because of electrical problems. I have a warranty on it but unless it throws a trouble code the dealership will not touch it
No CEL's and no codes, why did you think it has anything to do with the TPS/Pedal? (It's all Stabilitrac)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Tinkered around today with my 08 TBSS... since My CEL was on and off all last summer contributed it to getting tank filled. When winter hit in NJ light went on solid... Onstar report was TPS error performance decrease... I decided to clean the throttle body with a approved cleaner with out removing it from car. Was careful not to use too much and let anything go in the intake used blue shop rags and remove a ton of black gunk. Repeated for 30 minutes swapping out the rags when they had too much gunk. I decided to check air filter and changed that as well... CEL is now off didnt need to drive it either. :coolthumb:

The trick i used that made this easy was use a short broom stick between the back of drivers seat and the gas pedal to depress the pedal to open the flap. With the key turned to on position without starting the car this will open the flap and you dont throw off the tps. I was careful not to interrupt the position of this flap as i heard it could make your first few rides really interesting. Efore it re-learns the THrottle position.

Glad i did this before going to the dealership.:biteme: And it is compleately doable without removing the TB if yout incluned to do so. Just be careful not to use too much cleaner and try to wipe in circles and outward not in and out of throttle body.

Typed this with big fingers and small keyboard sorry for any typos and crap.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
throttle pedal sensor

My trailblazer has shit the bed. its coming up with Codes po121 and po222. purchased and installed new pedal sensor. But codes still exists. And I have very low to almost no power.
any help in helping me figure this issue out will be very much appreciated.
2008 Trailblazer 4.2 6 cylinder 4WD
exact code readings are:
PO122 throttle/ pedal/ position sensor Switch A circuit low
PO222 throttle/ pedal/ position sensor Switch B circuit low

along with the new pedal sensor being installed
I was told that the throttle body was also cleaned, but without being removed.
plus how do I find out if this is the recalled part?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
131 Posts
101 - 116 of 116 Posts