Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check engine light has been on for a couple months now. I took my truck to autozone, they said it was the tps. you cant buy a tps alone you have to bu the whole throttle body. has anyone had a problem like this before with there sensor without having to replace the entire throttle body?

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
no matter what you gotta get the throttle body I believe but this is nothing new some here have had to change it out

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
I've had it happen a couple of times. In my case the clip to hold the plug onto the TB is broken. My TB is ported and I have a new stock one just in case. However, I just unplugged the battery overnight to clear the code and used a zip tie to hold the plug snug to the TB. It's happened twice and my solution has worked thus far. Get some QD Electronic connector cleaner from Autozone and reconnect after clearing the code and see what happens. Even if it comes back every once in a while, the little effort to unplug it overnight to clear a code is cheaper than the $250 for a new TB. And who knows about a used one.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
My buddies 08 silverado wich has the same intake and TB as our TBSS had the same code. I cleared the code with HP tuners and cleaned out the TB with a TB cleaner. Has not come on in the last month. I would try that before you go buying a new TB.

·
Registered
08' TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Tps sensor! √ Engine light p0121

This thread is old and will continue to look for updated advice! Sorry i this is my first blog and very fresh lol! Anyway my SS tps comes on(√Eng light) every few days. Is there any new suggestions or advice to fixing this issue? :wtf:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts