Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday all of a sudden while driving I noticed the dreaded check engine light had come on. I'm like, WTF?, and then I noticed the engine was not running. I coasted into a safe spot and tried to restart...nothing, engine turning over, but no start. I'm thinking I'm going to need a tow on a Sunday, Labor Day weekend in the middle of nowhere and not having a lot of luck finding someone. To make it worse, I'm towing the boat. After a few hours, incredibly, the TBSS does start. I was able to get home without any issues and the check engine light went out. Connected the OBD reader and here pics of the codes. I just hope it starts so I can get it to the shop on Tuesday. Not but a few weeks ago I had to have the fuel tank sensor replaced and they were going to replace the fuel pump while in there but said they did not have one in stock, so it was not done. Work was done at a Carl Black GMC dealership that my neighbor is a service advisor at, so I'm getting somewhat of a discount, but still not cheap.... what is, right? Any ideas? More than just maybe needing a fuel pump? Relays? 82K on the vehicle and no real problems until lately. I'm beginning to start to not liking this vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
SSR & TBSS
111 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on before attempting to start it?

P1682 could mean it is the fuse block issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on before attempting to start it?

P1682 could mean it is the fuse block issue.

Good call! I can't say that I have ever noticed hearing the fuel pump come on before attempting to start it, but the dealer where I took it to called me to say they replaced the fuse block today. I'll get it back tomorrow morning sometime and only time will tell. I just don't have a real good feeling about it. 😕

·
Registered
SSR & TBSS
111 Posts
If it is not to late, I would suggest that you make sure you get your old fuse block back from the dealer.
Don't just trash it. If it is the typical broken wire, it can be repaired.
If it is just going to be thrown away, I will pay shipping if you wanted to send it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts