Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Camaro Z28
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get the SS to run high 12's. Ive got a magnaflow 4x9 welded in, res delete, efans, jetttstream stage 3 cai, and alvins tune so far. Ill be at ORP first thing this spring to see where Im at. Im thinking pacesetters and a good converter and cooler, would have me there along with a retune. What do you guys think? Looking to hear your guys mod lists in the 12's?

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
since your AWD, go with a torque converter. A 3600 would launch that thing real hard off the line

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Looking to get the SS to run high 12's. Ive got a magnaflow 4x9 welded in, res delete, efans, jetttstream stage 3 cai, and alvins tune so far. Ill be at ORP first thing this spring to see where Im at. Im thinking pacesetters and a good converter and cooler, would have me there along with a retune. What do you guys think? Looking to hear your guys mod lists in the 12's?
Alot depends on DA and track prep/tires. If you run on good track in winter on drag radials and weight reduction your plan could get you there. If you want to run full weight on street tires at altitude in the summer you will need to spend more.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Alot depends on DA and track prep/tires. If you run on good track in winter on drag radials and weight reduction your plan could get you there. If you want to run full weight on street tires at altitude in the summer you will need to spend more.
:iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Cam, Supercharger, 100% Meth, ANd Tuned By The Master Himself

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
What do you run now?

·
Registered
Camaro Z28
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
since your AWD, go with a torque converter. A 3600 would launch that thing real hard off the line
What are your mods to get you to the time in sig?

I was wanting to keep some towing capability, Ill be talking to some vendors when it comes time I was thinking 3000-3200. Anyone know the typical install cost for a converter?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
What are your mods to get you to the time in sig?

I was wanting to keep some towing capability, Ill be talking to some vendors when it comes time I was thinking 3000-3200. Anyone know the typical install cost for a converter?
Yank PTB 3600. Best converter for an AWD and still retains towing.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
I have a few additional mods as suggested in my signature. I agree though that DA has everything to do with times for these trucks. I went 12.9 but that was in the summer heat. I am hoping to get a few tenths better when I get some better DA.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Ok....how far are you from 12's now? That info would be good to have in deciding what to do. For instance, I would also like to get in the 12's, but as mild/inexpensive as possible set up. I sold my circle-d converter I had in a box, and may spend the money on e-fans or something else.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
cost me 585 to get my trans and converter put in my awd. but in ur area with the 3600 and headers with some weight pulled i dont see why u cant hit 12s. if ur on the oem tires u'll prolly need new ones after the 3600 to not spin some out the hole:doh:

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Mine went 13.04 with an RPM trans, 3400 converter, headers with cats, and a CAI. I'm sure with efans, removing the spare, or better air, etc it could have ran a 12.99. A lot of others have with the same mods. Those mods with a cam & efans got me where its at now.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Headers, 3,600 stall, cai, tune, drag radials and the front seat taken out ,will do it!

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
Whats the front seat good for weight wise??

Back seats are about 250?

·
Registered
Camaro Z28
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yank PTB 3600. Best converter for an AWD and still retains towing.
I like the sound of that, Ill have to check that out some more.

In this area at least if you add a converter and a set of headers you will be into the 12's for sure
Thanks good to hear from someone relatively in the same area.

cost me 585 to get my trans and converter put in my awd. but in ur area with the 3600 and headers with some weight pulled i dont see why u cant hit 12s. if ur on the oem tires u'll prolly need new ones after the 3600 to not spin some out the hole:doh:
Damn pricey Ill shop around but might have to look at doing it myself. Id like to be able to do it full weight, thats the goal anyway. If not I can always start pulling stuff if Im close. No stockers, I bought it with bfgoodrich dueler alenza's on it, seem great so far but doubt they would fair well against a big stall, anyone know?

Mine went 13.04 with an RPM trans, 3400 converter, headers with cats, and a CAI. I'm sure with efans, removing the spare, or better air, etc it could have ran a 12.99. A lot of others have with the same mods. Those mods with a cam & efans got me where its at now.
That is what I like to hear there, my kinda area and along my lines. If I end up shy I could always step up to alvins 4" fwi too.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Let me know when you head to ORP I would love to run my SS there some time. Been down the track there in my mustang but never the SS. I usually run at Muncie. RPM Transmission is about 35 miles north of Indy and they will hook you up! Best money I have evers pent on a mod.

·
Registered
Camaro Z28
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let me know when you head to ORP I would love to run my SS there some time. Been down the track there in my mustang but never the SS. I usually run at Muncie. RPM Transmission is about 35 miles north of Indy and they will hook you up! Best money I have evers pent on a mod.
Sounds good, itd be fun to get as many as we can there for a meet. I think the lsxshootout is there this year too. I have heard nothing but good about them, talked to them briefly before I sold the camaro. I was thinkin built trans and stall for that before I traded if for the SS.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts