Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about selling my awd 06 Trailblazer 3SS. I'm the original owner. It's never been in snow and never been in a accident. It has all options except for Gps radio. I have installed a borla cat back and KN air system, and larger front and rear sway bars. Always garaged. It has 13,000 original miles. Any idea what this vehicle is worth. The vehicle is black and absolutely mint, and still smells new. Haven't found anything even close to the condition and mileage as this one. If the price is right I might let it go. It will only increase in value. Ordered the vehicle from Wantz Chevrolet in Taneytown Md. Took delivery in December 2005.Thanks

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
579 Posts
You shouldn't have any issue finding someone in the high 20s. I would start at 30k. See where it goes.

It isn't the most desirable year. 2007 would have been best. But you just can't find these like yours with that low mileage and being garaged. So someone looking to spend that kind of cash will need to deal with it being an 06.

Ebay is a good place also. But put up 50 pics every angle inside out underneath etc. It will sell for top dollar there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You shouldn't have any issue finding someone in the high 20s. I would start at 30k. See where it goes.

It isn't the most desirable year. 2007 would have been best. But you just can't find these like yours with that low mileage and being garaged. So someone looking to spend that kind of cash will need to deal with it being an 06.

Ebay is a good place also. But put up 50 pics every angle inside out underneath etc. It will sell for top dollar there.
The only difference I could find between the 06 and 07 is 100 thousand mile drive train, water and radiator a little different different inserts on back seats and gm markers on front doors. The tunning is pretty much the same. Did I miss something? Thanks

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
579 Posts
06 is a one year ECM. The reluctor wheel as well and several other small changes that carried through rest if the run . Comes with it's own little quirks. I had an 06 new for 4yrs. The 07s had less problems. I chalked that up to the usual first year experiment. Thankfully on the TBSS it wasn'tlike say a C6 in 05 lol.. Don't forget the rear wiper. Easy swap. 08 changed again.

09 same as 08. they didn't make many in 09. Hundreds. They even changed interior trim handles in 08/09 to a cheap looking black plastic.. feel flimsy..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wonder if posting on bring a trailer or cars and bids would bring in a solid offer?
Thats the place where you find some real gems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
06 is a one year ECM. The reluctor wheel as well and several other small changes that carried through rest if the run . Comes with it's own little quirks. I had an 06 new for 4yrs. The 07s had less problems. I chalked that up to the usual first year experiment. Thankfully on the TBSS it wasn'tlike say a C6 in 05 lol.. Don't forget the rear wiper. Easy swap. 08 changed again.

09 same as 08. they didn't make many in 09. Hundreds. They even changed interior trim handles in 08/09 to a cheap looking black plastic.. feel flimsy..
Thanks for the info, still not able to find anything close to mine to compare too. Almost all of them have 80,000 miles or better, and are still asking 15,000 or better.

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
579 Posts
Ebay. Tons of pics. Telling you. Make the reserve your bottom number and it will go for well over. Last hour is when the action happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ebay. Tons of pics. Telling you. Make the reserve your bottom number and it will go for well over. Last hour is when the action happens.
Thanks, when we get back to Maryland I'll clean it up and take a whole bunch of pictures. Then put it on eBay. Have to tell you it's a lot of fun to drive. My neighbor John Davis from Motor Week TV. is the reason I bought one. He brought one home during the summer of 2005 and I took it for a spin and had to have one. Didn't need it and never really drove it!

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
579 Posts
That's great. Tell that guy to take a pic next to it and say "John Davis approved" that ought to be worth another G or so lol.

Safe travels. That truck will sell for good money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's my take., as a recent buyer of a not quite as low mile 09 AWD 3SS (55k miles)

As others said, 06 is the first and least desirable year. Maybe for some it wouldn't bother them, but to me the rear seats not matching the front is a major turn off cuz I'm a weirdo like that.

My car came with weather tech liners for everything, and had just had 2 to 3k worth of upkeep done. I ended up paying 22k at a dealer for it, so I think 30k is in "never gonna sell" territory. I think I'd ask 27.

The other thing you may want to consider is bring a trailer.com, they're a bit more of an enthusiast focused auction site and don't allow things like bid snipes. They can be a pain to work with, and the commenter there are largely toxic trolls that hate anything not European, but it might be worth comparing the cost structure. They also send out a photographer and write the ad for you, so it can be a little easier. They'll also work with you on the reserve and things like that, in fact they have to be haggle with on the reserve price in my experience.

GLWS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts