Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting a tbss for a while now and I have been doing alot of research. Im always hearing about stuff going wrong with them and being cheaply made. I hear the transmission goes out after around 60k. Is any of this true? Has anybody here experienced the same stuff? I drive an '02 7.3L f-250 w/175k and have never had a single problem with it. I'd hate to give it up for something that im going to have to constantly spend money on. Im just ready to change my vehicle and i want to make sure Im making the right decision. thanks

HERE'S THE VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2zhZt3aOzk

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Ahahaha that's a piece of shit SS my has never done that. It's prob from someones far body breaking the center console loose

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
May I add I'm 19 n it goes through hell every week

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
100 percent true

·
Registered
06 2WD TBSS
48 Posts
:bum::biteme: what a douch bag, he found one at an auction, can't afford it let alone drive it, so he makes himself feel better by making fun of the interior

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Glad you're not looking at my truck! Prying and pulling on chit like that in my truck would get you hurt in a real hurry!! :rofl: I can pry like that in ANY vehicle with the same results!!

·
Registered
white 3SS
532 Posts
what a ***!!! he needs to learn how to use the radio/navi before he says it dont work!!

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Looks like a CarMax....

·
...Winning...
06 Trailblazer SS
666 Posts
Many things come to mind...

Center console - shitty truck, like others said, someone busted it. Mine doesn't do that
Navigation not working - shitty truck, Someone stole the disc so it wasn't turning to Navigation
Glove compartment - of course when you pull hard like that it'll drop. That's so it doesn't BREAK the tabs and you have to buy a whole new piece

Vanity lights not working - shitty truck, mine work fine always have
Rear armrest and rear seats decline - yeah, same as a lot of other cars/trucks/suvs
Pointless compartment in the rear - haha... seems fine to me, use mine all the time
Wipers missing - shitty truck, mine's there and works fine
Check engine lights on - shitty truck, mines not on
Steering wheel cover busted - shitty truck, mines not and mines fine

Mine has right at 71,000 miles and my engine and transmission are perfectly fine. Overall, that's just a shitty truck. Buy it cheap, and it would be EASY to fix everything he's pointing out.

Very hard to the touch and sharp edges... really, seriously? I could find sharp edges and "very hard to the touch" places on a million dollar Ferrari or Bentley

Look at the comments for that video and you see he bashes EVERYTHING Chevy. He drives a 96 explorer with almost 200,000 miles on it, but yet he says he's "extremely lucky to grow up in a family with a connection to the car business so yeah"

:rofl:

·
Registered
BlackTrailblazerSS
268 Posts
What an idiot. Mine literally has none of those issues, an may i add that the rear cubbys are perfect space for my amps! :fist:

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
All true. Don't buy one:biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS AWD
2,178 Posts
I can pry like that in ANY vehicle with the same results!!
:iamwithstupid:

Our interior isn't the greatest but it sure doesn't help to be trying to break shit. I almost have 100k on my truck and I don't have anything falling apart like that. Who buys a TBSS for the interior anyway?

As far as the transmission, I make over 400awhp, almost have 100k miles and race the truck every chance I get. Stock trans with no issues.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
No worse than any other vehicle in the same price range. The reason people buy these trucks is because of what's under the hood.

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
That cubby on the right with the compressor swith comes with a hose to inflate your tires after whiping some Fords at the track.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Center consoles do make squeaking noises almost everytime you set your arm on it. The interior is your run of the mill basic gm interior, nothing fancy but works.

Handling is meh, not much better than any suv out there.

Steering is sloppy like he said.

Tranny is weak, but if you keep the fluid clean and full along with installing an external cooler it should last just fine unless you abuse the hell out of it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 2006
1,025 Posts
Mines an 06 with around 49K on it and I don't have any problems. Sure, mines not a daily driver but when it does get out I have a lot of fun with it. I do wish the rear seat had an armrest though.
That truck in the video was a piece of SHIT!!!! If you look around you can find really nice ones out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
686 Posts
Ya its possible to find ANY used vehicle thats been beat on!!! He could do a vid on my 07and be like most folks on here......NO ISSUES. I was gonna comment but seems to be a waste of time!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
62 Posts
I have 105k on mine and the only thing wrong is that sometimes it breaks the tires loose when I come off the line. :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts