Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was getting in the freeway an I hit the gas a lil an the truck down shifted the all of a sudden its lik the truck went in to N an then that was it no gears at all. Could some one tell me what happen please thanks

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
It sounds like it slipped really bad. Were you able to drive it after that?

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Probably broke the sprag or band (not sure, and it's late).

Sorry, but not good news.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
BTW, I know a good guy that has a shop out in the Valley. I realize it's far, but he used to work at B&M, just in case you rather stay in the area. (he installed my converter)

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Time to go built. The situation sucks but majority of us have gone or will go through it. I had similar feeling but my pump went.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Aaron, there's a 4L80e core on Craigslist if you need one. I think it's a 2005, just saying.

Good luck.

Remember, the 4L80's work great with turbos :)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
74000 mile.....an I'm really thinking shit the 4L80 we will see when I get back from the river

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well it boils down to the plantery gear i talked to a few people today an thats what they all hav said. come to find out the trans is stuck in the fowared gear thats y it will only rool fowared an not back.now im just looking 4 a 4l80e it seems lik that is a good choice right now.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
dont feel bad.....mine went out about a month ago too, and also getting close to 70k miles. only thing i've done is a CAI, cat delete and true duals, and tuned. i was running about about 30/35mph then stomped it and it went to down shift and umm well lol that done it in.
i pulled off the road and got it to drive if you manually shift it it. you can't take off from a stop in 3rd or D but if you manually shift from 1st get up speed then go to 2nd then go a lil fast then go to 3rd or D. if you get up to D and don't stomp it but mash on it a lil more and a lil hard the faster you go you can tell its slippin pretty bad. then if you stomp it it'l it's like it goes to shift but feels like its in neutral so you gotta stop and take off again. the only thing i can see that makes since for me to do is just go with the kit from left coast 32 to swap a 4L80e in and have greg at phoenix do a mild build on the trans i've found. i'm still a lil confused about what converter to go with because all these guys on here are running 3000, 3200. i'm not drag racing but i need something thats gonna hold up to my driving style and i'm pretty hard on shit lol. what do you guys suggest?
i dont want a trans i'm gonna hate to drive with but i know its gonna have to hold it this time. spoke with greg the other day but i wanted to see what you guys have to say

1 - 20 of 21 Posts