Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum... I've had my 07 TBSS for about a week now and absolutely love it! BUT.... out of the blue tonight, the message "theftlock... " was on the radio. An indicator light was on the ip, and after driving away, the truck sounded like it was locking (or unlocking) the doors four or 5 times. Windows would work sometimes, sometimes they didn't. After exiting the car and hitting the lock button on my remote, the horn chirped 4 or 5 times. Really, really strange. BTW, the radio is the OEM Nav unit. Also, the battery light on the IP was lit. Any ideas???? Did i mention its been raining all damn day??!?!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
Not sure. I've heard that when weird electronic shit starts happening it could be your ignition switch going out I think???

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips... Tried unhooking the battery and letting it sit, hoping the computer would reset itself. No such luck. It pretty much remained dead in my driveway. Engine would occasionally start, run for 2-3 seconds, and shut right down. SO.... after having to have it flatbeaded to the dealer, it turns out, the previous owner installed an aftermarket mp3 adapter to the stereo (which he told me about). He explained to me that it worked for a few weeks and then just stopped working. I never gave it any thought since the previous owner had driven it like that for over a year. Well after close to 3 hours of the dealer trying to troubleshoot, they traced it back to the MP3 adapter. Bad connection, a short, who knows. All I know is that once they unplugged the MP3 adapter, it started right back up as if nothing ever happened. A $425 lesson after all was said and done!!

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Ain't it something the way shit just happens sometimes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.