Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As discussed with a couple of you, this is the start of a thread to discuss self tuning using HPtuners on the TBSS.

I know there are a few of us on here and this will give us a chance to compare notes and test theories.

My mods are on my signature. I am also running a LC-1 wideband and the enhanced I/O version of HPT.

I took a shot at it last fall and worked over my timing tables, reduced a little TM and had pretty decent results. Right now, I am starting over from scratch after running a ADM, Westers and Vector "canned tune" Just want to do it myself.

I have added a LS7 P&P TB on now and I think the AF needs a little work now.

So chime in !

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Once I finish tweaking everything to make it run the way I want I'll post what I did and why.

It will be a long post.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good.

I really cant go too far on my tune. I am gonna switch intakes and until I decide which one I cant do much with the tune. AFR kinda sets things off.

Curious what everyone's goal is for AFR at WOT and where you are starting to go rich at. I am a little fat right now with the LS7 throttle body. Noticed I was about 11.5 at WOT but have to be fully into the pedal to get there.

I am not after mileage :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds good.

I really cant go too far on my tune. I am gonna switch intakes and until I decide which one I cant do much with the tune. AFR kinda sets things off.

Curious what everyone's goal is for AFR at WOT and where you are starting to go rich at. I am a little fat right now with the LS7 throttle body. Noticed I was about 11.5 at WOT but have to be fully into the pedal to get there.

I am not after mileage :)

11.5 is a lil rich if you ask me

heres my last graph when i was on the dyno doing some tunning

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Let me know how it works...I am working on it now, and having trouble getting the 100mm and the P&P TB dialed in as accurately as I like. When the blade passes the ridge, the engine bogs down into a dead spot...I think it is because of the sudden change in airflow.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know how it works...I am working on it now, and having trouble getting the 100mm and the P&P TB dialed in as accurately as I like. When the blade passes the ridge, the engine bogs down into a dead spot...I think it is because of the sudden change in airflow.
Bob, was it OK Pre PP/LS7?

Are you running MAF tables created for that 100mm unit or start from scratch?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone got the PID working for AC pressure?

I was going to see if I could tweak my fan setup a little so I could bring the fan in earlier instead of on off one off on off......... Also wanted to have more fan with the AC on. I have a table to set fan % based on pressure and when I went to scan it to see what normal pressure was, I really did not get anything. Or I got a value that did not move so I can assume its not working.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
The latest HPt beta has a ton of new PIDs to scan. I may email them and see if I can get the latest version.. Watch out with the LC-1. This is a finicky little bitch of a wideband. Have you tuned your wideband to read a smaller range of values? Ground offsets are less of a problem then.

You can use the LM Programmer to have it output 0V at 10 and 5V at 19.99 (not 20, it rounds down). The equation in hpt is V/.5001 + 10. I found that at 0V @ 10 and 5V @ 22.39 the difference in the analog and digital outputs were sooooo damn close. The equation is V/.40355 + 10. If you have a hard time understanding the equations its like this: (5V/.40355) + 10 = 22.39afr....; (2V/.40355) + 10 = 14.96afr (rounded up).

As far as my seutp goes, I have set it to ignore dynamic airflow (which is based on the VE table mixed with MAF).. I run MAF only... However, this is only becuase there is no way to tune the VE and not have the results skewed by temp changes and so on.

I also run open loop because my o2 sensors are shot from bad wiring from the cam install.. Not my fault.. I would've probably run open loop anyways as it makes for easier tuning. I am my own o2 sensor. :)

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Something I just noticed...the HP Tuners cable is made by Superchips, says so right on the connector.
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Bob, was it OK Pre PP/LS7?

Are you running MAF tables created for that 100mm unit or start from scratch?
I'm using an LS2 TB that's P&P, and to be honest, I don't remember if it was there before or not...it's been several months, and I have gone through three tuners since then.

The MAF is an ADM unit, and I'm using the Lingenfelter values (which don't seem to be correct). I haven't gotten a chance to record any data with this wideband since I got it in, but I am planning on doing some testing tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Too funny !

I wish I could get one with a right angle plug on it. I am sure you know what I am talking about :)
Unscrew the diagnostic Port plug under the dash and turn it so it isnt pointing down. Mine is set so it is pointed at the seat and doesnt get in the way like that.

Something I just noticed...the HP Tuners cable is made by Superchips, says so right on the connector.
:rofl:
HP Tuner and Superchips started working together a few years back. HP Tuner provides the software and Superchips provides the hardware.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
My kit shipped from Superchips. Hell, it even included a superchips sticker. I believe HPT is owned by them

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unscrew the diagnostic Port plug under the dash and turn it so it isnt pointing down. Mine is set so it is pointed at the seat and doesnt get in the way like that.
Yep, already did that, but its still between my legs. Be nice if it turned to the side like DashHawk connecter does.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts