Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 AWD lowered a while ago - 40k miles now,

Had a oil change done today and had a noise checked out on my front driver side - Guy says i need a NEW Wheel bearing.... i had heard this might happen

My questions for the friendly readers:

(1) Should i raise up to avoid future hub problems? @31" all around, on kbees, tony a-arms in front.....wireless air and kw double adjustables in rear for now.

(2) Where is the best price/part online to replace hub? Are the ebay ones get what you pay for type or fine??

(3) Any need to replace both front hubs?

In other news -- guess my pads are shot too --- Time for some new brakes:biggrin2:

Thanks guys- opinions welcomed.

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
If you're still under powertrain warranty, take it in.... Hubs are replaced for free.....

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
Hubs will go regardless of being lowered or not. I replaced both of mine, and i am stock height. Someone with more knowledge chime in and tell me if i am wrong.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you're still under powertrain warranty, take it in.... Hubs are replaced for free.....
Hubs are in the powertrain warranty?? hmm guess i could give it a shot....that'd be sweet

EDIT: This is listed in the warranty info, but it also has a line Not covered if.... blah blah alteration. Wouldn't lowering be an alteration?

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Hubs are in the powertrain warranty?? hmm guess i could give it a shot....that'd be sweet
Hubs would be replaced if your still under the bumper to bumper warranty (mine was first 3yrs/36k) not the powertrain. I had both of my hubs replaced under warranty on my last tbss while it was lowered. I was sitting around 31 inches also and I'm AWD. Hope you get it fixed soon! :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hubs would be replaced if your still under the bumper to bumper warranty (mine was first 3yrs/36k) not the powertrain. I had both of my hubs replaced under warranty on my last tbss while it was lowered. I was sitting around 31 inches also and I'm AWD. Hope you get it fixed soon! :cheers1:
Yeah i'm past that......it does say it's covered on the powertrain warranty....we'll see.

·
Premium Member
07 tbss
2,341 Posts
I'd bring it up to 31.5, 30" is a little low for awd. And yes the front hubs are covered under powertrain, my buddy just had his replaced a few days ago under warranty

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,028 Posts
What happens when the hubs start going bad? How many miles do you have when you guys start seeing this?

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
827 Posts
What happens when the hubs start going bad? How many miles do you have when you guys start seeing this?
Mine were covered under powertrain warranty and it was lowered. Only 25,000 miles and both went out. They started making a humming/vibration once it got to 40+mph and when turning. You'll know if they're bad.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
Hubs will be covered under B2B warranty... i do not believe they are considered power train... they will be covered under most aftermarket, and extenede warranties...

i dont care what anyone says... that thing could lay frame all day long... or be a monster truck... being lowered has NO bearing on it going bad...

i have been at 30.75-31.250 for 60k plus... with NO problems..

there are stock trucks out there that go 20k, 100k, 50k on stock hubs.. and they still go bad... its a item that is going to go bad no matter how low your truck is, or not.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
had hub replaced around 30k. stock height here.

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
the only time i could see a hub going bad from something.. is if you have some stupid heavy wheel and tire combo on your truck...

i.e. off road looking stuff, or some sort of cheapo aftermarket wheel that is like 80 lbs a wheel lol
Weight, no. Stupid looking Mexican wheels that stick out 6" or even off-roading wheels, yes.

Because you shift the load of the vehicle away from the center of the hubs, and it puts more PSI on the inside and outside of the bearings, instead of it being equal across the board.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
A friend of mine is a service manager for a Chevy dealership and he informed me before I bought the SS that the hubs are under the 5yr/100,000 warranty

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd bring it up to 31.5, 30" is a little low for awd. And yes the front hubs are covered under powertrain, my buddy just had his replaced a few days ago under warranty
I'm thinking about bringing it up a bit, but i'm at 31 not 30.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts