Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if some of you are aware of this, though most I'm sure are. Us here in central PA are in a record setting flood. This compares to the flood of 72 (Agnus) and the 96 flood. We received 3 months amount of rain in less than 3 days (14" I believe is what my area saw). Whole city's are under water. Nationally known parks are under water and 1000's of people's houses are lost. Sections of interstate 80 had to be shut down around the Buckhorn/Bloomsburg area. My area was in a state of emergency for the last few days. Business's and restaurants that aren't even under water are closed due to a water main break and a water boil advisory.

Here is a video a friend of mine posted on her facebook. Who has family that lives in the Hersey area. I live about an hour north of Harrisburg PA and about an hour south of Williamsport, which is close to where the east and west branch of the Susquehanna River meet. The river has crested in my area and has started to recede slowly. But doesn't mean were out of the water yet (no pun intended). My family owns a camp site along the Susquehanna and we got everything out we could before the waters came up. There is a pavilion that still stand's on our lot that survived the flood of 72. Hopefully once we are able to return to see the damage, we will see if it made it through this flood.

Luckily none of my family, or my g'fs family, or any close friends of mine were effected by this disaster, but it will be months before the towns and low lying cities will return to normal.

[youtube]5IxnLmCAwZI&sns[/youtube]

EDIT: These are some of the pictures I took of the Susquehanna River, over looking some of the main bridges connecting 2-3 towns in my area. One of which is obviously shut down. This is in the area of Northumberland, Sunbury and Shamokin Damn.

Bridge brtween Sunbury and Shamokin Damn:

Northumberland's Boat Club:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Wow that's jacked up, I saw some pics from Philly as well that are pretty bad and some bad spots around me in SEPA but nothing like that... hope that water goes down quick.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pictures I posted from outside the town of Sunbury, they have a flood wall that is 38 feet tall I believe? And the waters were suppose to crest around 37. So everyone was flipping out and wondering if the wall was going to hold up. We haven't had waters this high since 72. And as I stated earlier, some spots north of me have levels that are higher than the 72 flood.

I haven't heard of any major deaths or injury's in my area as of yet. So hopefully it's all just property damage and things of that nature.

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
I talked to my mom who still lives back in Pa along with the rest of my family. They live near Allentown, and said shit is pretty fucked up. It's weird, I know right where all those photos were taking and it's hard to imagen all those places being under water.

Stay safe my Pa fo's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.