Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
you are looking at the first Carbon Fiber bolt on rear lip Spoiler for the TBSS! and... well it will fit ANY Trailblazer! SS or NON SS but not XL

sorry for crappy photos... but here you go!

others have attempted and failed. others put you guys on the backburner because they are all over the 10 Camaro… and truth be told, they don’t care about the TBSS because of that. now there are other “spoilers/wings” out there on the market, but personally they look like an afterthought and belong on a honda back in 1999.. then again each to their own right? ;)

but…. this is the spoiler you need to separate yourself from everyone else! given the spoiler is aggressive but not overly done! it flows with all points on your TBSS and looks like it came from the factory that way!

if CF is not for you CF is paintable.

-how is it made? for those of you who do know how this is made (this has been said before but will say it again), this is a top of the line pre-preg, autoclaved carbon fiber part . this is NOT a hand laid piece. if you do not know the difference, google it. basically this process it is lighter, stronger and just over all better looking then the normal means of a hand layup. a prime example just look at the photo above and look at how the weave flow with the angle of the spoiler. almost impossible to do that with a hand layup without getting weaves bunched up.

-how will it mount? it will mount like your OE part using the same screw mounting points. this will also utilize your OE parking brake lamp as well and will bolt right on.

-how much? before i announce an exact price and pre order instructions, i want to say that this is a prototype part only just like the rear valance. it stills need to be test fitted. however to give everyone an idea on cost it should be an estimated, somewhere in the high $400 range plus shipping.

-how long will a order take? this part is redundant but i need to say it. for those of you whom ordered my brake ducts… you know how long that took. however you received the part and you are happy with it and like i said, it takes time. remember TBSS are not the only parts i do. this part might be that same eta as the ducts or maybe shorter maybe longer it just depends. i noticed the last time there were quite a few people that doubted my capability in completing the carbon fiber brake duct in fact a few who didn’t even purchase the parts, but for those of you who “actually bought them” and know that i came though you know, what type of quality i can produce. you will get that same quality in this part. if you think you can get it done faster then have someone else do it for limited market because we know they will be all over that! ;)

-can i change the design? NOPE what you see is what you get. sorry to say I will not be investing anymore for the TBSS unless things step up. i have probably 4 more ideas for CF TBSS parts but nothing until i see these parts move for the TBSS. SO…. what you see is what you get.

anyhow i hope you like the design! i will be posting up photo of the pre-prototype mounted on the TBSS on my website and facebook near the end of the day or tomorrow so stop in! ;)

thanks for looking

maverick man

p.s. have questions? feel free to ask. PM me, FB me or email me at maverickman[at]maverickmancarbon.com

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
No pics of it on the TBSS?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pics of it on the TBSS?
read end of my post above. ;) ... but they are the pre carbon prototype on the TBSS not the best way to judge something becuase in carbon or painted always looks differant.

is this going to be an as ordered deal.. or can i order at any time and get one sent out in a reasonable amount of time?... id like to do this.. but it wont be till the end of summer for sure.
yes a ordered deal. won't start on it until i have testfitment and catch up with some other work. it will get done as my ducts.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
Sweet, i'm down for this, can't wait to see it actually installed.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
3,858 Posts
I like it. Sign me up

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Very sharp looking piece.

·
Premium Member