Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
421 - 440 of 465 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,026 Posts
Dont you have a train horn on that? Can i peek?

Sent from my boujea ass phone
Yes I do. The setup is a HornBlasters Conductor's Special.

I pulled the bumper cover and hid the trumpets by mounting them to the crash bar then reinstalled the cover. I mounted the compressor, valve, on / off switch and lines in the trunk. I pulled the carpet out so you can see everything better.

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
Yes I do. The setup is a HornBlasters Conductor's Special.

I pulled the bumper cover and hid the trumpets by mounting them to the crash bar then reinstalled the cover. I mounted the compressor, valve, on / off switch and lines in the trunk. I pulled the carpet out so you can see everything better.

I've got to ask u why do u have those??

·
Premium Member
Sold
6,026 Posts
I've got to ask u why do u have those??
Dumbass driver deterrent and additional alarm volume.

But mostly for ******* shits and giggles!

*edit* It is also funny as hell to blow it while driving through a railroad crossing and seeing other driver's reactions.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Dropped the daily off for a twin turbo build!

Are they building a Crowlorado? I'll see myself out, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pwrplnt1

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
42 Posts
Nice to see a lot of trucks.

Heres some of my other daily drivers.

Piece of junk Ford Thunderbird 1994 SC , supercharged V6, 5 speed transmission.

And my Daily driver Trailblazer LS. Being worked on .. had a nasty front end collision and its finally coming together.

- Dan

Attachments

·
Too fast to be so slow.
TrailblazerSS
3,356 Posts

Snaab 97x Altitude edition. 108k miles. Bought it with a 5.3 that has bad rod knock. It's getting an An FLT-7, all forged 370, front mount turbo, twin pump designated return fuel system, twin nozzle meth, and edelbrock intake. I have all the parts laying around from old builds accept turbo and a few miscellaneous parts. This will be the wife's daily and should wake it up a little. I love the color of his truck. The pics are hard to tell but it's called carbon fiber grey, it really looks sharp in the sun. Bottom pic isn't my truck but shows the color better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
901 Posts
Thanks! It's a 2011 with the 3.7 and 120,000 miles.
I normally go for white vehicles, but the blue is what sold me on it.
I'd love to have the 5.3 version, but there's no way I could leave it alone!
I wanted something to replace two vehicles I have, so it had to continue
to get decent gas mileage. Have you done anything to yours?
just saw this *sorry for late response*

2011 LT - 2.9L 4cyl - 67K miles when bought, now 77k miles
3/4 drop with coilovers and 4" angled blocks out back, ZQ8 wheels...
that's about it...
im on the hunt for some H3 front seats, they are supposedly
direct bolt in...and im stock piling parts for when the 2.9 gives out, so I can
swap in a V8 :muahaha:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought it second hand. I was actually trying to find a nice silverado or sierra. 1500 5.3 crew cab. But then I hit the craigslist 1 more time. found 2 sierras. a rocky rodge in pittsburgh. and this denali in NJ. end up this guy gave me a hell of a deal that I was stupid if i didn't take it. So madea trip to bank that morning, the following I was on my way to NJ. I absolutely love it. Comfortable, power, smooth. I have 0 complaints.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,237 Posts
The used truck and SUV market is kinda crazy from what I've seen, prices all over the place. I've seen Escalade Platinums priced the same as a Tahoe. Why would you buy a Tahoe when an Escalade is the same price?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I work with 2 ex salesman for a big dealership company in PA. Blaize Alexander. They say its a whores market which it is.. Its like the new chevys. If you want to take 1 for the team, then buy new. With there rebates is great, but they do not give you crap for a trade bc they have to make there money on the trade. Some 1-2 year old vehicles your better to get new. With the APR and stuff. But if you take your time and look around. You can find people that can't afford it or fine someone that gets rid of there vehicle every year or 2. And they won't get crap for trade. But there out there. Just gotta find it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
155 Posts

My DD is behind my dented up TBSS. It's a 2001 VW Jetta, TDI, GLS. 5speed, heated leather seats, sunroof. Pulls down a regular 42mpg in town and anywhere from 46 to 50mpg highway depending on how fast I drive. Not bad for having 206k miles. I've owned it since 130k miles and it's been trouble free for me.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
1,237 Posts
I work with 2 ex salesman for a big dealership company in PA. Blaize Alexander. They say its a whores market which it is.. Its like the new chevys. If you want to take 1 for the team, then buy new. With there rebates is great, but they do not give you crap for a trade bc they have to make there money on the trade. Some 1-2 year old vehicles your better to get new. With the APR and stuff. But if you take your time and look around. You can find people that can't afford it or fine someone that gets rid of there vehicle every year or 2. And they won't get crap for trade. But there out there. Just gotta find it.
You are absolutely correct. The used car market really sucks right now. With vehicles getting insanely expensive, people are keeping vehicles longer and or they're maxed out just making the payment on a new one so they can't take care of the vehicle. Not that people care about their cars anyway any more (I see so many $80k Yukon Denalis that are just trashed inside and out its ridiculous). Then so many people are leasing instead of buying so those people really don't take care of the cars since they know it's gone in 2-3 years anyway (I've seen people decline tires with cords showing because it's a lease). Recalls out the wazoo with no parts available so even the few good cars are going to auction because the new car dealer can't sell it with an open recall.

A 2 year old used car is generally the best way to buy a car, someone else already took the depreciation hit and it's generally still new enough to have a warranty and still be in pretty decent shape (unless it was a rental, then steer clear!).

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer SS
92 Posts
My DD is an 04 GTO... 203K miles and counting...

421 - 440 of 465 Posts