228/230 .585 112.
keep in mind truck has 110k on it.
with muffler delete and this is what it made

fwi and headers are coming soon.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Looks about a 30HP increase from just a cam. When you get headers and a FWI I would expect closer to 380 then. How does it run compared to before?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you install it yourself?
no, a shop did.

Looks about a 30HP increase from just a cam. When you get headers and a FWI I would expect closer to 380 then. How does it run compared to before?
it drives pretty good, you can definatly feel the difference.
people were saying that it will need a converter, but its really not that bad.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
I would get a new set of lifters too once you get new heads

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Did you have it tuned after the cam install? Also was this a loaded dyno?

Those numbers seem really low, but you dont have any exhaust, so I'd be hopeful in seeing you crack 400whp with some.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,293 Posts
Man you need to have some one look at your tune. My truck made 350 on the dyno and all I have is no kitty's and a CAI. Something is wrong. You should be pushing 375 easy.
Obviously you ran on a generous dyno. Because most stock tbss trucks dyno 300-320 (most around 300) stock depending upon awd or rwd.
A dyno is just a tool to see how your mods perform anyway (before and after). It's not a scientific method of saying "my truck has more power than yours". Especially if you're running on 2 different types of dynamometers, load bearing or non.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Who wants dyno numbers I want track numbers! nothings 100% with dynos think there is an.8% margin less or more... Let me find the article

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/dynodata/39354-dyno-readings.html

Very helpful... But real world numbers should honestly be on tha track.... There are 500hp trucks running 10s and 1200plus ones barely in low tens... Hell I seen a 650hp tahoe barely go 12.5s. All in all have perfect race weather and track settings go.out run ur best and come out with a kick asd time... and brag bout that... Not bitchin or talkin shit there is just so many numbers floating around and so much drivetrain loss that u can never truely tell... U could have ten stock tbss line up theyll all pull different!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the truck's dyno numbers are alright,

the was a lot of timing pulled because of the factory manifolds.
was 110 degrees in the shop.
te truck is completely stock except a cam.
once i get the headers and intake, the numbers should be closer to 400,

and very true to what lt1z said,
my other car dyno'd 30+ whp more on a shops dyno than it did at anothers.
numbers really mean nothing to an extent,

plus the truck has got 110k

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.