Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I originally had my truck tuned by a local tuner, but I wasn't really happy with it. There were some quirks with it, he always seemed too busy, & I felt like there was a lot left on the table, so it never ran to my satisfaction. So we (my wife and I) finally said "Eff it" and we decided to get it tuned by someone else for Christmas.

We went w/ GSS Speed Shop in Carrollton b/c I knew Louis from a few years back when he was at LG Motorsports. They did some work on my buddy's 2001 Camaro SS and that thing left there running like a summumma bitch.

Since I'm AWD and he only has a RWD dyno, he had to arrange some time w/ another shop, so I left it with him for a few days. He spent a lot of time on it (I don't want to know how much!) and it absolutely shows. I can't believe it runs like it does...I'm amazed. I would hands down recommend anyone, especially in the DFW area, taking their LS-vehicle to him.

He picked up over 30 AWHP over the previous tuner!!!!! HOLY SHIT... I love this truck again. It drives like it's got a hot poker in it's ass, the tranny doesn't do the indecisive, neck snapping shifts anymore (light throttle), and it pulls HARD for my mods (Jett CAI and full 3" exhaust). Now I just have to get it to the track to see some times!

Here's the dyno graph...It was on a Mainline Dyno, which is similar to a Mustang Dyno (Chassis dyno):

Here are a couple of pics of it on the dyno:

I'm most impressed with GSS's customer service. Not only did I get more than I paid for with the tune, but GSS went above and beyond to make sure I was completely happy and in the loop thru the whole process. IMHO, you can't ask for more from a company.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
yeah cant wait to turn my tb over to him

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Good to hear another more than satisfied customer from GSS! I Would also reccomend then to anyone hands down! Now let's get together and get to a track! Dallas Raceway is open every weekend in January, weather permitting. Can't wait to see that beast run!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
It's just 1/8 mile, but Kennedale is open every Sunday weather permitting.

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
I'm planning on going to Dallas Raceway on Jan 22nd to get my baseline dyno numbers, before I get into the mods. It's open 11am-dark. I'll be there on the earlier side of that.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
I'm planning on going to Dallas Raceway on Jan 22nd to get my baseline dyno numbers, before I get into the mods. It's open 11am-dark. I'll be there on the earlier side of that.
You mean to get your baseline track #'s? Lol i should be able to make that also. Ill keep in touch with you guys and maybe we can all meet up and roll out there together :yay2:

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
You mean to get your baseline track #'s? Lol i should be able to make that also. Ill keep in touch with you guys and maybe we can all meet up and roll out there together :yay2:

Track #'s for sure! Long day yesterday. That'd be bad ass if we could get a few of us out there. It's supposed to go all arctic on us next week with a possible ice storm, so hopefully that won't stick around.

·
Registered
07 Silver TBSS
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might can do the 22nd, too... I'll find out for sure and let ya'll know.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
11 Posts
He picked up over 30 AWHP over the previous tuner!!!!! HOLY SHIT... I love this truck again. It drives like it's got a hot poker in it's ass, the tranny doesn't do the indecisive, neck snapping shifts anymore (light throttle), and it pulls HARD for my mods (Jett CAI and full 3" exhaust). Now I just have to get it to the track to see some times!
He didnt pick up 30rwhp over your previous aftermarket tune ,he gained 30rwhp over your stock tune. You delivered the truck to him with your stock tune. He didnt have your previous aftermarket tune to compare to.

Just wanted to clear that up.

·
Bad Monkey Racing
1,559 Posts
He didnt pick up 30rwhp over your previous aftermarket tune ,he gained 30rwhp over your stock tune. You delivered the truck to him with your stock tune. He didnt have your previous aftermarket tune to compare to.

Just wanted to clear that up.
If the previous tune was fucked up and he lost power he probably gained more then 30 then lol, especially if it was so bad he had to go back to the stock tune.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
^lol me too

·
sensual nonconsensual
TrailblazerSS
57 Posts
I thought the original poster displayed tact, and was simply excited about having a truck that runs right. No need for tuners to come in and call themselves out? The issue was the truck didn't run right and he felt it didn't get the attention it needed. He wen't elsewhere and found all that he needed at his own expense and has the numbers to prove it. Good for him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts