Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ill soon be pulling my trans and swapping to rwd with either a th400 or 4l80e. I dont drive on the highway so im not worried about having OD although it would be nice. Im just looking for some pros and cons of the th400 over the 4l80e. From what i gather a built 4l80e with converter will cost 4-5k, plus the tcm, lines, converter and what not. The th400 will run about 4k for the full swap. Not really sure where I want to go with this, or rebuild the 4l70e and keep rocking the awd a little longer. HMM.......

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
I hope you get to make a pass in this truck as an awd before you switch to 2wd.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will John, Im just planning for the future. I want to build an lsx376 or similar engine for it this winter but I plan on swapping to 2wd first to see if I cant do some more damage. Thats if the stock block is still holding up then.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my drive to work is 1.5 miles, if it goes more then 100 miles i trailer it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sure it will be nice to have but this isnt my dd. It gets about 3k miles a year. Ive been looking into keeping awd and doing the 4l80 also

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im talking to Greg about a 4l80e now. only problem is mines an 09 and they dont make a swap harness. so ill have to make my own

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
You can still do a 400 and keep awd... it's nothing more than a 4X4 case and a tcase with a drivers side drop....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im not going awd either, Greg hasnt ever had anyone running as much power as me through his tcase adapter so he doesnt think it will hold. I really dont want to dump money just to keep the awd.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
Im not going awd either, Greg hasnt ever had anyone running as much power as me through his tcase adapter so he doesnt think it will hold. I really dont want to dump money just to keep the awd.
I know what you mean, not only that but the idea of the front diff being bolted to the oil pan...just does not sit well with me.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Worried about breaking things that nobody has really broke with power yet.. For all we know, it'll hold 1500 awhp

1 - 20 of 32 Posts