Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you could help me with my 06, my temp gage has been acting up lately. Normally when the truck warms up is dead in the middle at 210, but lately it has been bouncing between 100 degrees and 210 while I am driving.... The truck is completely stock, has 47k miles. The gage will sit at halfway between 100 degrees and 210, then go to 210, then go back down... I am concerned there is something wrong since I know they dash gage isnt very accurate.

Aaron

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the first thing I checked! any other ideas????

anyone??? Bueller... Bueller.... Thanks guys!

:biggrin2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK...
so i double checked the coolant level, the radiator is full but the overflow tank is bone dry, when I go to add dexcool its pours out underneath, right above the passenger tire. It looks like there is a hose its just pouring out of, seems like something came disconnected but I dont know what I am looking at so I am looking for some advice.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Maybe try putting the hose back on the fitting it slips onto? Or look around and see if the hose simply cracked or broke...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering if someone could help me with that part,I didnt see where it connected...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
114 Posts
OK...
so i double checked the coolant level, the radiator is full but the overflow tank is bone dry, when I go to add dexcool its pours out underneath, right above the passenger tire. It looks like there is a hose its just pouring out of, seems like something came disconnected but I dont know what I am looking at so I am looking for some advice.

thanks.
There is a overflow tube located in the neck of the reservoir(little oval opening if I remember correctly). It is really easy to dump Dexcool on it when filling the reservoir. This will cause it to leak all over the ground.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. All I know, is on mine I've had the temp and the fuel gauge act up 2 different times and this solved it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so I think its the overflow tank fellas, I can see where it connects to the radiator but is there any tubes on the bottom of the tank that connect to anything? I didnt take it out and it was getting dark last night... I just dont want to have to take it to the dealer,
Could anyone tell me how many connections there are to the overflow tank???
thanks everyone
Aaron

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Ok so I think its the overflow tank fellas, I can see where it connects to the radiator but is there any tubes on the bottom of the tank that connect to anything? I didnt take it out and it was getting dark last night... I just dont want to have to take it to the dealer,
Could anyone tell me how many connections there are to the overflow tank???
thanks everyone
Aaron
The stock tank has no other openings. The line connected to the top front of the tank is actually a passage way that siphons coolant to and from the very bottom of the tank way down by the firewall. If you are leaking coolant from somewhere other than the fitting at the top front of the tank or the screw on top, you may have a cracked overflow tank.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when I look under the truck, there seems to be a black rubber hose directly below the tank and above the front passenger tire that the dexcool seems to pour out of, is this the overflow mentioned above for the overflow tank..
Thanks alot for your help Evil.. Just trying to gage how serious of a issue I may have and my next steps....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I checked the radiator when cool and it is full, its not coming out of the radiator, it seems like its the overflow tank thats leaking.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i will tonight when I get a chance...
If your underneath the truck, on the passenger side, you can see it tucked up in the fenderwell... Its a small black hose.....I may have exaggerated the "pouring out"... its really a drip.. but when I poured coolant into the overflow tank it seemed to drip out right behind the front passenger tire... NOT from the radiator.

Thanks for all your help..
The truck is running fine, no CEL....and I havent thrown any either... I am just real careful with it and prefer Preventative maint......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts