Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title says it wrong.....I an Meaning an LQ9 Motor.....NOT an L92

I want to know about the LQ9 Motor, specifially an 08 model.
I don't know much about this engine but I can buy one pretty cheap right now. It's not for the SS, but for my future project "Swapnoma".
I was getting ready to pick up
a fresh 5.3 , but then I came across this.

Tell me about it O' wise knowledgable engine guys.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
The biggest difference is just the VVT/cam phasing. It has a slightly heavier valve but I doubt you would notice the difference. It will come with the truck style intake which makes more power and torque. I'm not sure about the piston differences.> I didn't know there was one.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it has Flat top pistons, I do know that. I know its a 345 HP motor.
Its going in roughly a 3200 pound truck with either a 4L70 or 4L60 Behind it, unless I can get a 6L80 to work with it.

I was planning a 5.3 with 243 Heads and a nice cam, but then I stumbled upon this motor and thought I would explore the option of it. I know right off the bat its a bigger motor, but I am not building the truck to be flat out fast, just more of a Street rod/Fun Truck type project......But of course it'll make a few passes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
The LS3 has slightly higher compression ratio of 10.7:1 compared to the L92 of 10.5:1. I'm not sure if thats from cylinder head design or piston design. I know all the service measuremants for both cylinder heads and pistons are identical.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
LQ9, iron 6.0L, smaller cam, heads a bitbdifferent, but a solid engine.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,864 Posts
stop talking about it and do it. v8+s10=:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
The lq9 has the 317 heads which are the same as 243s except for the chamber size,so 243s would be a good bump in compression.Otherwise its basically a iron ls2.

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
LOL! I love it when people read and respond off a simple thread title rather than the opening post. :doh:

The LQ9 is an iron 6.0, with cathedral ports, with 317's or 853's (317's have better flow) and both have large combustion chambers but still yields 10:1. All these "370's" you read about the guys having are built from a LQ9 block.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
LOL! I love it when people read and respond off a simple thread title rather than the opening post. :doh:

The LQ9 is an iron 6.0, with cathedral ports, with 317's or 853's (317's have better flow) and both have large combustion chambers but still yields 10:1. All these "370's" you read about the guys having are built from a LQ9 block.

Yeah, he changed his mind mid way thru this thread.. We all good..! :3some:

·
Registered
'07 TrailBlazer SS
699 Posts

Mine's built off of a LQ4, but same difference. . .:bum:

·
Banned
Everything I work on
2,917 Posts
Mine's built off of a LQ4, but same difference. . .:bum:
Depends on year model LQ4. Earlier year models had long head bolts and different sized cam bearings. A slightly weaker setup to the LQ9's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts