Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

How many feel like they were lied to by Diablosport?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'06 ADM Tuned TBSS
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm really sick of the shit Diablosport has been pulling with thier supposed TCM update. For those of you that are not being :jackoff: by Diablosport, they have been promising an update to support tuning of the TCM on thier U7191 programmer which currently supports several LS2 vehicles (including the TBSS) for the last year and a half. They have changed the release date at least 15 times already and I finally have just had it! Here's what I posted last on thier forums:

1QWIKTB said:
Beta testing in 30-60 days is not acceptable after being told for nearly a year and a half that the TCM support is almost done. It's not just the fact that it's not done, it's the fact that we have all been lied to this entire time. I bought your product only becuase I was told that TCM support would be comming in the next couple of months. That was over a year ago. I would hate to have to take legal action, but I either want a complete refund for my programmer or I will be pursuing a class action lawsuit against Diablosport for false advertising.
You can view the whole thread here. Sorry if I seem like a ranting :asshole: but I hate being :jerk: around. Who else has been :3some: by Diablosport?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
thats fukin bs right there. they just want to sell shit thats all

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
Class action over $400???? Yeah, I know it's more than one person, but come on...be serious, have you gotten your $400 worth of fun over the last year? Can't do THAT much with TCM support anyways...firm up shifts is about it with a handheld. There isn't all that much to change in the TCM tables anyways. All I've done with HPTuners is firm up the shifts and I can do more than that, but it's not necessary to change anything but shift firmness. TM can be reduced via the table in the PCM.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
If you guys need to you can get TCM tuning only from one of the vendors. I know thats not what you wanted and not why you bought a handheld... just saying

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Supposedly the Superchips version will make adjustments to the TCM...

H

·
0 Posts
Dude, thats just the nature of all these electronics companies..
Being a retailer for just about every diesel programmer on the market, I see it all the time. These companies push and push to get their product on the market first, they skimp on R&D and explode on advertising. They figure get a product out there that just does something, then worry about fixing or making it better once everyone has purchased it later.
Same exact thing that is happening to you is happening to thousands of people who bought programmers for their new '08 Powerstrokes and '07 Cummins

·
Premium Member
SS TrailBlaze 06
1,526 Posts
I am happy with my Diablo tuner & like being able to adjust spark curve & fuel trim's. I keep a perfect WOT A/F ratio also can pull timing for nitrous. As far as the tranny after I had Pheonix trans built it & add a stall it shift perfect without a tune. It lays lots of 1-2 scratch & even 2-3 on the right road. Launches even harder. You can use HP tunes to change up shift points & still have a the Diablo features. I can run with any tuned SSTB. The Diablo Trinty will offer lot's more when it is released.
PS I only paid $310.00 for mine new!!

·
Registered
'07 3SS AWD
161 Posts
The Diablo Trinty will offer lot's more when it is released./QUOTE]

But when will the Trinity actually be out? It's been listed as coming soon for 6+ months!
If this will load cutom tunes so I could have a track tune, fuel economy tune, etc.. it would be kick ass.

·
Registered
'06 ADM Tuned TBSS
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But when will the Trinity actually be out? It's been listed as coming soon for 6+ months!
If this will load cutom tunes so I could have a track tune, fuel economy tune, etc.. it would be kick ass.
I totally agree that it would kick ass! But when/if it does come out let's hope that it'll actually function as advertised out of the box, because they seem to have a habit of advertising non-existant features :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2wd
247 Posts
Class action suit? That is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

Sorry you don't like your Predator, but from the get go Diablosport has said that it wouldn't tune your TCM. Yeah, maybe one of these days it will, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for the Trinity, I talked with the Diablosport guys this week. Still working on some glitches so it is gonna be a while before that thing hits the street.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I have a question regarding the diablo (off topic).. from the get go, I remember a lot of guys saying the diablo was far worse than the superchips because it was bad on the trannies or something like that.. I always thought that was because they removed 100% tq management, but I guess not.. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2wd
247 Posts
The superchips came out months after the Diablo unit. They didn't remove 100% of the TM either. There were a few guys claiming that the Diablo unit would kill your tranny, but to my knowledge nobody was ever able to prove it, and Diablo had not seen that happen.

I used my Diablo unit to tune my turbo setup. It can be a VERY powerful tool once you learn more about it.

·
Registered
'06 ADM Tuned TBSS
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well, after taking a step back from the whole deal I'm still pretty pissed off but I did get my use out of it. I think I'm going to try and sell it though and go the HP Tuners route. Plus I originally wanted to go with a handheld so I could put it back to stock when I take it in, but that doesn't really matter to me anymore especially given the fact that I really can't with my MAF.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Well, after taking a step back from the whole deal I'm still pretty pissed off but I did get my use out of it. I think I'm going to try and sell it though and go the HP Tuners route. Plus I originally wanted to go with a handheld so I could put it back to stock when I take it in, but that doesn't really matter to me anymore especially given the fact that I really can't with my MAF.
Thats what i did... Bought the diablo in 06 when they were released, then sold it on ebay for 250 bucks (only paid 280 new). Bought efi v2 in feb and so far its been great...! :2cents:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
The superchips came out months after the Diablo unit. They didn't remove 100% of the TM either. There were a few guys claiming that the Diablo unit would kill your tranny, but to my knowledge nobody was ever able to prove it, and Diablo had not seen that happen.

I used my Diablo unit to tune my turbo setup. It can be a VERY powerful tool once you learn more about it.
Ya I wonder why people were claiming it was killing transmissions if they can't even tune the transmission at all?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ya I wonder why people were claiming it was killing transmissions if they can't even tune the transmission at all?
I heard it was because they took out all the torque management, which is a function of the ECM. No TM = too much power for the stock trans to handle on shifts. I have no first hand experience, that's just what I heard.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I heard it was because they took out all the torque management, which is a function of the ECM. No TM = too much power for the stock trans to handle on shifts. I have no first hand experience, that's just what I heard.
Ohok. I thought that you had to tune the TCM to mess with the TQ management.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts