Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a tuned TCM transmission control from pcm for less and today i got it in the mail, I also installed it but when i was done i went to move my truck and the indicator light on the dash was in 1 and even when i went through all the gears, also when i moved into drive doors did not lock nor when i put it in park the doors did not unlock.

the truck has 44xxx miles awd 07 with just the battery cable upgrade on it

put the stock one back in and no problems

i emailed pcm for less but have not received an email back yet. anyone herd of this before lol?????

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Sounds like you're trying to put a mismatched year TCM into your truck. If its for another year truck the the ECM <-> TCM comms will be messed up.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ That thought did come to my mind but i looked on pcm for less website again and it says 2006 - 2007 and when i ordered it did not give me an option to choose, ill just have to wait and see what they say

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
they must've sent you the wrong year TCM! my friend has a tuned 06 TCM that we put in my 08 and it did the same exact thing! i put my old one in and everything was back to normal!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they must've sent you the wrong year TCM! my friend has a tuned 06 TCM that we put in my 08 and it did the same exact thing! i put my old one in and everything was back to normal!
thanks for the input i was hoping that, i have my stock one in until i can get the correct one

·
Registered
83 Posts
PCMforLess TCM Issues

I am very interested in your problem, I too bought a TCM unit from PCMforless for my 06 TBSS. I was very surprised that it came with no instructions of any kind and appeared to be used.

I plan on calling them tomorow before I attempt to install it.

It really sorry for a company to sell aftermarket parts without any supportive information. :yuck:

Not sure I will order from them again!

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Its not Aftermarket for one, Its likely a Factory TCM, and It is likely Used, and Been Flashed, and there is nothing wrong with getting a used TCM or PCM if they are fully functional.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got in touch with pcm for less and they are sending me out a new one and im sending back the one i bought from them.

I think thats great they had great tech support and its no big deal to me!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.