Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from the track late last night, saw some fellow racers pulled over on the side of the hwy so I stopped and asked them if they needed a hand- they had a blown trailer tire.

There was one guy on a green ninja bike looked new. Think it was a ZX 6R. He had been running at the track earlier that said he wanted to run the TBSS. I told him the TBSS wouldn't run with a bike, but I would give it a try:D

He of course wanted a roll race, I armed the nitrous and purged it off, we hit at about 50mph and the TBSS was clearly pulling:biggrin2: Shift into 3rd and stayed in it until about 125mph. Had about 1 1/2 cars on him.

We ran one more time just for good measure, he got a better start but the TBSS still was pulling away about 1 car this time. It was cool watching the headlight of the bike in the side mirror getting smaller:coolthumb:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not 100% sure it was a ZX6r. Next time I see him, I will find out for sure.

I out accelerated him from 50mph to about 120mph by about a full car, looked like he was holding ground by 120mph though, I was not pulling on him anymore. Did a few quick searches and looks like they run in the 11's in the 1/4??? My TBSS has a high 10's in it now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buddy my bike runs High 9's with a pipe power commander and -1 front sprocket.
Lol, why so defensive man? I didn't say I out ran your bike :)

Actually I'm not sure what bike it was, but it was a green kawasaki, sport bike, looked brand new, stock exhaust. Surely wasn't a 250 or a 1000cc. So it had to be a ZX6r or the 650r right? What do those run stock? 2010 or '11 models?

·
The most diabolical Hater
06 TBSS AWD
1,027 Posts
I don't know what the new ones run. I do know that in 07 they got a Brand new 599 or 600cc engine. 636 is a zx6r made from 03 04 and 05 06. 650's are dogs. 500's are slow to. Not defensive I just now how fast most bikes are. Also know how big of a pig the SS is.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
must be nice to live in mexico....on a unpopulated road.......ahahhaha:popcorn3::cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So has it ran a high 10? Or do you think it can run a high 10?
It should be very close. I've ran it every weekend for the past 3 months at my local 1/8th which is only 600ft dailing it in, but judging by my times it should.

Since running 11.26, I've switched drag radials, dropped 60fts from 1.65's to 1.57's. Dropped 50lbs of rolling mass, and 100lbs from the truck. Ran bigger nitrous lines and dual bottles and went up on the nitrous.:D I'll be sure to post a video when I make the trip to the 1/4.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts