Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks guys.

Yeah I’ll be doing all of it as close to the tune date as possible. Just also don’t want to get into it too close and need a part and no time to get it.

Any insight [mention]Karch [/mention]?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
[mention]timg [/mention] [mention]theheder [/mention] [mention]db-guru [/mention]

I don’t know enough about the LSA.

Should the blower be noisy at all at idle?

I swear it has a bit of a rattle at idle and when I shut it off. I just don’t know if I’m hearing things because I know it’s a potential concern.

Car enthusiast neighbor agreed he heard it.

I may just take it up to Sewell Cadillac of Dallas tomorrow morning to let a tech listen.

I supposed to be tuned on the 25th and don’t want this to delay it.

I have a solid isolator to install. Should I just do that and not worry about taking it to a dealership?

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,552 Posts
Do you have a stethoscope? Try to isolate where the noise is coming from. It could just be the isolator, but I would take it to the dealer in case it's a snout bearing or even a bearing inside the supercharger. The dealer and GM fix the noise per the TSB by installing a new supercharger. That will also resolve any bearing issues. Needs to be done before tuning. Note when GM replaced my supercharger it had a spring isolator. They only installed solid isolators for a short time. If they do a TSB repair check your isolator afterwards.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,800 Posts
Take it to the stealership and get the replacement done on GM's dime.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Went to Sewell Cadillac of Dallas this am as a walk in. They agreed to the sound and had me out in a loaner in little time.

It has been approved by GM and should be completed tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The V2 is awesome. I love mine. I tried to buy a wagon at first, but the dealer screwed around and I would up with a much more rare sedan. Wagons are quite a bit more expensive than sedans right now. The manual doesn't have the best shifter feel, but is very fun. The auto actually felt a bit tame to me even though it's faster.

The superchargers can rattle and there is a TSB to replace them. The rattle is due to a coupling on the shaft.

Mine has over 50k miles. I've replaced the front lip twice and am in the middle of front brake pads now (and a CTS V-3 rotor/caliper upgrade). They eat rear tires, but otherwise, I've had no maintenance/failures.

Check out ctsvowners. Tons of info there.

TIm
Since you’re on multiple front lips, which one did you decide on most recently?

And what sort of exhaust setup do you run?

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,800 Posts
I really like my carbon fiber APR splitter.

Reactions: timg

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
645 Posts
Rattle is not uncommon. The factory supercharger has some, and with a solid coupler, you get a different rattle sound...

If you don't want an aftermarket splitter, you may want to buy a few extra OEM ones. They're just low enough to catch on most curbs. I've replaced mine twice now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Alrighty. I’ve successfully turned it into a brick until Wednesday.

Last weekend I installed DW300 fuel pumps, TR7IX plugs, and ported LS7 TB

This weekend I installed the Griptec 2.55 upper pulley, WeaponX Track Attack HX, Pierburg CWA100 pump, NorCal tank, 3/4” hose for the entire system, -12an lid manifold, reinforced brick, FIC1000’s, and a MMS mild catch can.

After a lot of research and chatting I decided to change the routing from stock. Out of the lid the coolant goes straight to HX then expansion tank. I honestly believe that on a DD it’s likely a moot point.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Y’all think I can limp it onto a trailer to take to the tuner or do the injectors make it inoperable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,800 Posts
You would be very lucky to get it to run with the existing tune with the new injectors. If you have hptuners, you could ask your tuner to send a base tune to get it to at least fire up to load up on the trailer.

Another option if you have a winch or come along you can use a tow hook in the front bumper to get it on the trailer.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,552 Posts
When I installed 1200s I used HP Tuners to update the injector data with info supplied by the vendor. It was enough to get the V to cold start, but it would not warm start as that involves more tables. You could drive it onto the trailer with just the base injector tables updated. You'd be better off asking your tuner for a base tune like theheder suggested.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
302 Posts
Thought this was a tbss site not the ctsv, lol idk maybe im crazy..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thought this was a tbss site not the ctsv, lol idk maybe im crazy..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
You’re right. Lol idk.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just got it back from Accelerated Racing Solutions. Drives great.

Made 617 RWHP

[mention]Karch [/mention]

Reactions: lt1z
41 - 55 of 55 Posts