Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been lurking on here for years, time to time. Always loved and Lusted after a V but it just wasn’t the time.

Last week I had my 07 Trailblazer SS stolen in the DFW area. I’d owned it for 7-8 years. In the past 6 months I had it fully repainted, ceramic coated and put new wheels on it. I was buying some go fast goodies the week it was stolen.

I loved the ability to toss random things in the back from the home improvement stores and have enough room. So...

Since it’s gone I’ve narrowed my search down to either a 18-20 F-150 with the 5.0 and 10 speed, lower it and likely put a power adder on it. Like:

But, damn if I can’t get the CTS-V out of my mind. I like the sedans but a wagon would be great. Little more cargo room and its very unique.

To put me in a financial spot I’d be real comfortable in looking at 12-15 V2’s.

Anything I need to be aware of when they get 60-100k miles on them? Still plenty reliable and whatnot?

My understanding is that there were some issues with the supercharger. If a car I was looking at had a factory warranty replacement, does that throw up red flags for other parts of the long block?

Thanks in advance for any sort of info y’all can provide.

@theheder

·
Registered
Saab 9-7X
642 Posts
The V2 is awesome. I love mine. I tried to buy a wagon at first, but the dealer screwed around and I would up with a much more rare sedan. Wagons are quite a bit more expensive than sedans right now. The manual doesn't have the best shifter feel, but is very fun. The auto actually felt a bit tame to me even though it's faster.

The superchargers can rattle and there is a TSB to replace them. The rattle is due to a coupling on the shaft.

Mine has over 50k miles. I've replaced the front lip twice and am in the middle of front brake pads now (and a CTS V-3 rotor/caliper upgrade). They eat rear tires, but otherwise, I've had no maintenance/failures.

Check out ctsvowners. Tons of info there.

TIm

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response @timg. I’ve watched/read over there for years. I guess I’m just wanting continued confirmation.

Just trying to make sure there really isn’t anything on them that is considered a “ticking time bomb” like the trans is in the TBSS.

It will be my DD and likely get 12-15k miles a year so I don’t need it down often beside maintenance that is typical for an 8 year old car.

There is one a few hours away from me at a dealership. My wife and I may drive out there Saturday to test drive it and confirm it will work for my needs/wants before I potentially fly out to drive one home.

Reactions: theheder

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,772 Posts
I have a 2010 V2 sedan. Been through a couple builds on it. Currently it's a forged twin turbo with some N2O.

Alot of TBSS owners have moved to the CTSV platform. Here are a couple pics of Big Red and Black Betty.

·
Registered
07 Trailblazer SS
92 Posts
I own both... 07TBSS, 09 CTSV... Couple of Vettes as well...

I saw your post on CTSVowners... They are great daily's and are really fun toys...

Cannot believe all of these TBSS getting stolen STILL!!! I too am in Dallas...

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,535 Posts
Seems like Detroit and DFW are the hotspots for TBSS thefts. I might start renting a car to go to the Detroit auto show once it starts up again.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks y’all.

I’ve been in contact with a few people in varying states that have V Wagons. I may have to fly out and get one.

I really really need to go get my hands on a wagon locally and make sure it will be room that I need.

So y’all know, Does the 2nd row in the wagon adjust front to back? Will it fold flat for cargo?

Jeezus I can’t believe I’m asking these questions about such a car. Lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CTS-V Wagons are a blast. I have a 2014 CTS-V 6spd manual in purple, which is my special weekend only car. The rear seats do fold flat and I have fit some long tables in it. I just got a 2007 TBSS to replace the Suburban I had loved as a daily driver since 2006 when it died recently. Not missing the 'Burban at all right now, and the TBSS can hold 99% of the things I needed the 'Burban for. I also have an 05 GTO for most regular weekends. I drive the Miami-Tampa route roundtrip 2-3 times a month (620 miles). The Suburban got 11-12 mpg at best, so getting 14-15 in the TBSS is an improvement, and I use regular gas for the long haul. The CTS-V gets about 15 also but it has to have premium. Very thirsty if you get on the boost a lot, though. When I try to average 85-90 mph on the trip, 13 mpg is the best it can do. The GTO is best at 19-20 mpg, and like the TBSS it can use regular for the long hauls too, so its the best deal to drive, just can't haul anything. Best thing about the CTS-V Wagon, like the TBSS (and the GTO) is that they are all holding their value for the most part, but they did make less 6spd V-wagons, like about 1,800 over 4 years, so they will be the nest probably at holding their value, even with a few thousand miles per year

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@timg @theheder @LS2SUV

I drove a 2017 V3 yesterday and while the LT4 is amazing and the car is gorgeous it just wasn’t me. It’s a very sleek car where the V2 is more square and muscle.

The V3’s rear seat fold down and allow for hauling longer items. Do the V2 sedan rear seats fold down?

Was going to get a wagon but my wife just really really doesn’t dig it.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,772 Posts
The rear seats on a 2010 V2 sedan don't fold down. At least mine don't.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,535 Posts
The rear seat back in a V sedan is very easy to pull. Just a few bolts at the top.inside the trunk and a few under the seat bottom. The seat bottom just pulls out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the process of finalizing the paperwork for my new car!

2012. Recaros. 31,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,772 Posts
In the process of finalizing the paperwork for my new car!

2012. Recaros. 31,000 miles.

Congrats!
Now you need to change your signature!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I see they wanted $43900
I got a bit off of the asking price but I couldn’t pass on how clean this one is and the low miles. I looked at quite a few ragged out ones in the 60-75k mile region. The price is on the higher end of fair market value but I think I’ll ultimately save money not getting things touched up or replaced.

The front bumper is curbed or scratched either.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 32 Posts