Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok just picked up a 2007 AWD TBSS last week and now it's back at the dealer. It has 37xxx miles on it. I have a few questions. First when you buy a "GM Certified" vehicle should you get a copy of the certification? Second I printed off a copy of the checklist and found several things wrong with the tbss hence the reason why it back at the dealer. What route should I take to get this resolved? I was going to put a cai on it but when I pulled the air box lid off the old filter was black and had junk on it only on the outside. The trans seems to shit hard from first to second at times when you drive it easy. It has a rough idle and a slight tick upon acceleration at cold start. The interior lights dont click on but come on when the door opens. My issue is I had it taken back to the dealer since I work out of state and was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt to get these problems resolved. The vehice has been there for 2 days now and the service dept has not contacted me once and when I call the say that it's being looked at by the trim guy then it will get shipped to the engine guy and will probably be a few days to look at tranny. They have given me no updates and say they havent diagnosed anything yet. I just picked this thing up a week ago and am paying for a truck to sit in a shop? What do you guys think I should do? Gonna call the manager of the dealer tomorrow and see what he says. I have read that a vehicle cannot be gm certified unless it passes everything on the 117 point inspection and if it doesnt pass it they have to fix/repair the problem.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
509 Posts
it has to pass all the inspection to be certified....we had to fight over quite a few things, ended up going through the manager, had some of the things fixed, others not so much...

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Give me you vin and I'll tell you if it's certified. If t's certified, you can take it to any GM dealership.

However, I think the tick on acc when cold could be "normal" piston slap, and the trans shifting hard at times may also be normal. I don't understand your problem with the interior lights coming on when the door opens though.

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The interior light problem is when you click the light on the headliner they dont turn on but turn on when you open the door.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
That shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
^ probably a fuse.. check all the fuses and plugs in the bcm (under driver side rear seat)....

I have the same thing going on.. I just bought my 07 awd 30 days ago and its pre-owned certified... It went right back to the shop due to oil being ALL OVER the undercarriage.. Got a new rear main seal, but i was upset that why wasnt it checked prior.. but i understand shit happens.. i also have severely peeling wheels that werent noticeable when they are cleaned.. but thats getting worked on through corporate right now

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
62 Posts
^ probably a fuse.. check all the fuses and plugs in the bcm (under driver side rear seat)....

I have the same thing going on.. I just bought my 07 awd 30 days ago and its pre-owned certified... It went right back to the shop due to oil being ALL OVER the undercarriage.. Got a new rear main seal, but i was upset that why wasnt it checked prior.. but i understand shit happens.. i also have severely peeling wheels that werent noticeable when they are cleaned.. but thats getting worked on through corporate right now
Mine is at the chevy dealer in st charles right now they are getting me new wheels

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts

I discovered my oil leak the morning after buying the truck, Castle Chevy in IL. I too was pissed it wasn't found before.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
Oil leaks ARE found but they hope you don't see them, no one wants to pull a tranny under warranty to change a rear main.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Where can you find this 117 point list?

EDIT: Google....sorry got excited. I see all the stuff on this list but no "criteria" for what meets the standard and what not......

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our detailed, 117-point inspection and reconditioning process is one of the toughest hurdles in the industry. Before any vehicle attains the title of GM Certified, it must pass all of our rigorous standards.

The GM Certified 117-point inspection is conducted only by GM-trained technicians and adheres to strict, factory-set standards to ensure that every vehicle's engine, chassis and body is in excellent condition.

And we do check it all — from the engine block, to the shocks, right down to the floor mats, no part is overlooked. If it fails a single point, then we fix it. Or it isn't Certified. View the points of our inspection below.

From gm certified.com

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Truck has been in shop since last monday so far they fixed the interior lights replaced both front speakers and sent front wheel out to be reconditioned. Also changed an oxygen sensor. The heavy duty technician was busy so they sent wheel in and said that he wont be able to check trans and motor out until they get the wheel back. They say they need all stock wheels and tires on it appaerently the spare tire/wheel wont work?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts