Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 4" to 3-1/2" CAI that I built for a board member, but he hasn't replied back, so I'm putting it up for sale. I know you can build your own for $80-$90, but this is for the guys that either don't have the time to build their own, or don't want to tackle such a project for whatever reason. It starts off at 4" at the TB, and then is 3-1/2" the rest of the way. I use rubber bends, a silicone coupling between the MAF and the filter, and stainless steel clamps.

The price is $175 shipped with a K+N filter, and $150 shipped without the filter, for those of you who may already have your own, since the CAI's use stock size filters. I do accept paypal. A few board members here already have one of my CAI's, and are pleased with them, so I do have positive feedback for the few I've built.

The pics below show the first one I built, and the polished alum. tubing has some scratches in it. The one I'm selling is brand new, has just been built, and is guaranteed to be scratch free. lol

So, here's the pics:

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
I have one and it works very well

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
how is this compared to stock? performance gains? better flow?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
how is this compared to stock? performance gains? better flow?
Much better flow and a slight improvement in gas mileage. I don't have my TBSS tuned yet but that will be done very soon.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of right now, the CAI is now sold again to the original buyer. Once I receive his paypal, I will post it up as 100% sold. :)

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
14,992 Posts
Got it today. And going to put it on Tabs truck right now. Thanks bro!!!

I'm not sure where one of the plugs go. Its the one that goes into the rails. I need to put a hole in the intake?

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it today. And going to put it on Tabs truck right now. Thanks bro!!!

I'm not sure where one of the plugs go. Its the one that goes into the rails. I need to put a hole in the intake?

Yes, in the rubber 45° bend, on the backside, facing the motor. I wanted to let you do it, just in case you wanted to put it somewhere else. Just use a drill bit slightly smaller in diameter than the plastic tube itself, and you will have a secure, snug fit. ;) Here is how I have mine mounted:

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
14,992 Posts
Ok cool. Not good with drills. lol. I should have ask to see if you could have done it. hahaha.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok cool. Not good with drills. lol. I should have ask to see if you could have done it. hahaha.

I'm sorry man, I completely would have if you had asked, but it's really my fault for mot telling you in the first place. If you'd like, you can ship that one back, and I'll ship you one out that's predrilled. It really is a VERY easy procedure though. Just get the appropriate drill bit, mark the spot where you want it, and drill. It takes like 2 seconds to go through, literally. lol

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
14,992 Posts
I'm sorry man, I completely would have if you had asked, but it's really my fault for mot telling you in the first place. If you'd like, you can ship that one back, and I'll ship you one out that's predrilled. It really is a VERY easy procedure though. Just get the appropriate drill bit, mark the spot where you want it, and drill. It takes like 2 seconds to go through, literally. lol
hahah. Its all good bro. Tabs tellin me to quit bein a wuss and "put a damn hole in it already" bwahahah. It went together so perfect! She loves how it looks in there. I'm going to get out today and find the right drill bit for it and give this a try. Any special place that I need to put this hole? I know on the bend, but does it matter if high/low/middle?

Tahde + Drill = Bound to screw something up. lol j/k

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
hahah. Its all good bro. Tabs tellin me to quit bein a wuss and "put a damn hole in it already" bwahahah. It went together so perfect! She loves how it looks in there. I'm going to get out today and find the right drill bit for it and give this a try. Any special place that I need to put this hole? I know on the bend, but does it matter if high/low/middle?

Everyone needs at least one uni-bit... Even people that are not good with drills.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone needs at least one uni-bit... Even people that are not good with drills.

Oh shit, those are AWESOME!!! :eek: I've honestly never seen those before. Can I find those at Sears?

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

On the backside of the bend, in the dead middle. ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Oh shit, those are AWESOME!!! :eek: I've honestly never seen those before. Can I find those at Sears?
The uni bits are awesome...I have 5 of various sizes and they are great! At $80-$100 each for real good ones, they do get expensive though...Sears, Specialty Tool Shops, Saw Shops, Mac Tools, Cornwell, Matco, etc. all have them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts