Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Getting more body work done. I haven't been posting a bunch of the body work because it's mostly c10 stuff. Getting burnt out on this sheet metal work. It's tedious and frustrating. Never done it till now.

When I get the floor supports in and mount the cab I'm gonna take a break from body work and get the drivetrain mounted and try and get it to start up and run.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,616 Posts
Love seeing the updates! Thanks for posting. Its coming along nicely.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Just found this thread, and noticed you live in Smithville.....so do I! Where at? I’d be happy to lend a hand. Although your skills seem to be way above mine, I can at least hold the flashlight for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I know it's been awhile since any updates. The weather has been nice and I have been getting some stuff done on the c10.

I decided to build my own inner rockers so I have something solid to weld the floor support to. I used 1/8" plate steel for the inn rocker and 1/8" wall tubing for the cab supports. The inner rocker pieces were trimmed to 4.5" tall and I have them screwed and clico in place.

I got to move some stuff around in the shop so I can the cab back on the lift and lower it down on the frame. Then I will see what I'll need to connect the floor support to the inner rockers. When I get everything tacked and/or screw together then it will be time to permanently weld everything.

I also have been spending a bunch of time aligning my door and I think they look pretty good.

More updates coming soon

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I had a couple hours today and go the core support mounted. I ad to do a bunch of measuring to make sure it got in the right spot. Wheel spacing, firewall spacing and room for radiator all look good.

The rest of the cab mounting process will be based of this. I did multiple search on the internet and found that the front wheel centerline to the core support mounts on a c10 is 21.5 inches. So I measured from the tbss front wheel centerline and that's how I got the location to drill the wholes. I should have taken a pic of my contraption I had set up to get that measurement. It was kind epic/wonkey, but it worked.

Once u get the cab tacked in place where it will set, I will set the bed on to make sure it will work and then weld everything in place.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Got everything sitting where it should go. I'm gonna fab some brackets and get the cab mounted. And I found some tbss wheels and tires. Tires are 265/50/20. Barely any clearance between tire and upper ball joint. Looks alot better with the 20's. I have the belltech suspension installed all around. 2" lower in front and 1.5" in back I think. Next post will have cab mounted on actual mounts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I got radiator, condenser, fan,clutch and shroud. Thought I was gonna use them but cant. Dont have much else. Tripped donor and got rid of all I knew I didnt need.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
250 Posts
Right on, looking for the trailer hitch to get it powder coated. Plus random other parts to use as a donor to get painted/powder coated.

I should have spoke up sooner! Looking forward to seeing the truck on the road!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I'm getting closer. I have a bunch more done but waiting till everything permanently welded till I post pics but the cab fenders and core support are mounted with hardware. I gotta get a radiator and make it fit next.

·
Dirty Mexican
'08 9-7x Aero AWD
1,052 Posts
I'm getting closer. I have a bunch more done but waiting till everything permanently welded till I post pics but the cab fenders and core support are mounted with hardware. I gotta get a radiator and make it fit next.
Sick build!
Any updates? Thinking of hacking my '08 Envoy Denali for a project as well 😬

101 - 118 of 118 Posts