Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I got the front frame rail notched out so the cab will sit low enough. I'm gonna wait until body parts are replaced to build mounts to weld to the frame to mount the cab. I might even wait until I get my bed setup and do some cutting on the rear of the frame so I can see how everything is gonna line up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,015 Posts
Looking awesome! I can't wait to see the final product! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Got the trans crossmember tacked together. Still gotta do some drilling on it. So far so good. Got me an Energy Suspension poly mount also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Got the trans crossmember all fabricated. Just need to do the final welding. It is completely bolted up in the pics. I welded in some 3/4 Dom tubing for the main mount bolts on the outside so it is stronger.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
737 Posts
That is some skills bro!!! Can't wait to see it in motion!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I got the drive shafts made and installed.
Once I get the front diff rebuilt, clutch and throw out bearing, all the drivetrain will be done. Oh, and front cv shafts.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
737 Posts
Looking good!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,569 Posts
This is so badass! If you want to build another one let me know. I’m not kidding.

Reactions: cow.kllr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subscribing for sure! This is such a cool build, almost exactly what I want to build! Can't wait to see it all together

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
972 Posts
I got the drive shafts made and installed.
Once I get the front diff rebuilt, clutch and throw out bearing, all the drivetrain will be done. Oh, and front cv shafts.

Any new updates? Can’t wait to see this finished.

2008 TBSS Super Charged

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
No new updates. I had a bunch other projects hit me at once. The wife and I run a small sheep farm and I've been building gates and fencing stuff. I got a plan to get the cab and bed mounted and gonna buy the metal soon. I actually have the cab and bed sitting on it now and I got a good idea of what its gonna look like. The plan is to have all body mounted this summer. Once that is done it will be time to start getting all the electrical done.

I thought u had some pics of the body and bed sitting on it but i don't yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Got the cab braced up today. I took a bunch of measurements to relocate the seat belts and seat in the same spot. Worst case, I will have to modify the oem seat base. Next I'm gonna cut the floor out of it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Got the floor completely cut out. Some reproduction floor parts will be in in a couple days.
Most of the old floor was only held in be a few spot welds and some type of JB weld filler or something. Who ever put that floor in was super lazy.
Last pic shows the cab floor support I'm gonna build that will bolt the cab down to the frame.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts