Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Man this is one heck of a project and so glad you haven't let it die. Can't wait to see the end result of this Bad Boy!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got it mocked up. Gonna get some weld-trough primer and coat everything reel good and weld it up. I'm probably gonna make some half Moon shapes to get more welding surface.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
161 Posts
Could you post a couple pics of the engine bay and firewall esp the lower? Want to see how much you can square off the front of the cab for leg room and piping for turbos!

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Wow it is a good thing you are so talented with a welder, etc. Looks like you may have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: cow.kllr

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Could you post a couple pics of the engine bay and firewall esp the lower? Want to see how much you can square off the front of the cab for leg room and piping for turbos!
Want pics of the c10 or trailblazer?

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
161 Posts
How the c10 cab fits on that chassis around the firewall and stuff. I have a couple of these laying around and might pick up a couple wrecked 5.3 blazers to chassis swap like you are doing. I am pretty tall and need to square off the front of the cab or I don’t have any legroom and this really helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I don't have it sitting on the frame yet. I can get you pics of just the firewall.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I got the frame tacked together today. Did some permanent weld on it but my welder was acting funny. I've never welded with weld through primer. I'm gonna wire brush the primer off and try again. But it is standing on its own now.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
How the c10 cab fits on that chassis around the firewall and stuff. I have a couple of these laying around and might pick up a couple wrecked 5.3 blazers to chassis swap like you are doing. I am pretty tall and need to square off the front of the cab or I don’t have any legroom and this really helps.
I have always been interested in the 5.3 TB's but you can't find one in our area. They would be the ideal Sleeper with a few mods especially. You should try what you are talking about.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Got all the welding done on the frame. Turned out alright. Wire brushed all the weld-trough primer and t welded better. I'm no expert but I think it will be plenty strong. I'm debating on taking it to a frame machine and making sure it is straight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Here is some pics of the c10 firewall. I don't have it on the frame yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I found these pics on my phone of a project similar to mine. This guy used the floor out of the tbss and put it in the c10 cab. I'll try to find the thread.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
161 Posts
That’s exactly what I was thinking steal the firewall and front floor from the TB as well, would sure make a nice comfy truck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
That’s exactly what I was thinking steal the firewall and front floor from the TB as well, would sure make a nice comfy truck
Yeah, the floor on the tbss I got was damaged and repaired very badly. I couldn't use it. I'm probably gonna have to build a custom firewall. I like that smoothed look anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Exciting things are happening with the c10. I got all my brackets for the tranny to transfer case. I just have to weld it up but it looks like it's gonna work. Everything fit together real nice

61 - 80 of 107 Posts