Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my new project. I acquired a 2008 tbss 2wd. I have the components to make it awd. Gonna install a t56 and mate it up to the transfer case. Then install a 69-72 c10 short bed body on it. The goal is to make it an everyday driver.

First thing I need is a t56 out of an lsx.

I will post more pics as I get them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Good luck trying to stick a t56 with awd transfer case behind it, I think it will be a little tricky. It'll be neat when it's done!

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,529 Posts
Sounds like a cool build! Why not keep it 2wd? Would be easier.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a cool build! Why not keep it 2wd? Would be easier.
I love awd. And it's gonna be an everyday driver. Need to be able to drive it in the winter. I'm into rally racing cause hauling ass off road is awesome.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love awd. And it's gonna be an everyday driver. Need to be able to drive it in the winter. I'm into rally racing cause hauling ass off road is awesome.

And it would be too easy

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,529 Posts
Right on. I'm interested to see the end result. Gonna be an awesome truck when it's done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally found me a t56. Got an f-body t56. I have the bell housing ordered also. I thought I had the right extension housing from a Corvette but it is from a tr6060. Once I find the right one all I need is a custom bracket from the extension housing to the transfer case. Also need the forward shifter conversion.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Is that a tremec or borgwarner trans?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
You should be good then. It kind of looked like the 93-97 t56 without the slave cylinder studs. I was going to say if it was the Lt1 style you'd be cheaper to get the ls1 trans than to convert it over

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should be good then. It kind of looked like the 93-97 t56 without the slave cylinder studs. I was going to say if it was the Lt1 style you'd be cheaper to get the ls1 trans than to convert it over
Yeah, it's an ls1 t56 for sure. I made sure of that. I did almost consider converting an lt1 t56 cause I was having a hard time find and ls one

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update on the t56 transmission I got. It is a 94 lt1 t56. It has been converted to ls1. I'm not sure if the guy I got it from knew it or not. I saw that it said Borg Warner on the side and got curious. It is still gonna a work though. As of now anyway.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
It's just the front plate and input shaft is the difference. The internals are the same between them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I know. It was still cheaper than if I bought an lt1 and the kit to swap it

1 - 20 of 107 Posts