Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 800mile road trip and have noticed a tapping noise coming from the drivers side. I bought my tbss from a car lot and was already cammed. I have always kinda noticed a little valvetrain noise but that's common to have a little noise with big cams, no? Well last night I pulled the drivers valve cover off. Checked for a broken valve spring (dual springs I now noticed) they looked fine. Pulled the rocker arms off and inspected and found one that was more or less frooze up. With the rocker arm bolt through it, it took all I had to move the bolt on the rocker arm fulcrum. Next step inspected the pushrods. All were fine, no bends and this point found they are 7.400s. I guess my next step is going to be getting a replacement functional rocker arm and sticking them all on and fire it up and listen for tap. While doing so I am going to inspect each rocker for oil flow from push rod. I guess if I find one with no flow then that would indicate a bad lifter and the reason for the frooze rocker arm from lack of lubrication. Wish I knew exactly which valve I took it off and visually inpect the oiling on that one. I was placing them neatly in order on a box as I was pulling them off, but then the box got bumped and the order scattered everywhere :(. Quick question, is there another way to check for a bad lifter besides the method I am going to use before having to pull the head? Thanks for any help. I pray its a easy fix!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.