Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after I bought the truck I noticed it took a few tries for the handle to catch and open, I can hear it lock and unlock. When it's unlocked you can feel a click in the handle but it won't open. The button for the rear glass also doesn't work.

Anyone else have this happen? What should I try to get it open, and what part is probably fubared?

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Another member here had that happen. Turns out the rod that catches when the button is pushed had been bent a little and didn't line up right. He wasn't able to open the glass due to this cause it didnt catch. He pulll off the inside panel, straightened the rod out and tada! Opened fine!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully it's something simple like that, I should have time to crawl back there on Wednesday. I had the panel off once before to install an 07 wiper, does it come off easily with the door closed?

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Not sure, never had mine off. He just told me what he had done to fix it. Just passing the info on to you.

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
my back glass usually does that, but not to worried about it. Just like any car you have your glitches here and there

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't care if it was just the glass, I remember them both working fine before but I've only had the truck a little over 5 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts