Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have sworn that I saw some kind of tail light blinker mod, to get both bulbs in the tail lights to blink at the same time or go up/down something like that..........anyone???

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Jetttstream's Quad harness has dual turn/dual brake. I thought about it but it's more than I wanna spend for a mod I can't see when driving.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
I spliced into the trailer harness to run mine. I now have quad brakes and turn signals. To get quad running lights you have to mod the board.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I spliced into the trailer harness to run mine. I now have quad brakes and turn signals. To get quad running lights you have to mod the board.
So did you tap into the brake signal then put it on the high filiment signal on the turns? I was thinking there would be some way to mod it by just crossing a few wires but not sure how it is inside the circuit board.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
I cut the wires before the plug and ran the left lead from the trailer harness to both the brake and turn leads. Same on the right side.

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
Can't you just run jumpers on the trailer harness???
I tied into the trailer light pig tail. Just two wires. Each wire operates the brake and turn signal for your trailer. Then run the wires up to your tail lights. You'll need to cut the wires that go to the brake and turn signals and tie the one wire that comes from the trailer light harness to the two wires at the tail light. Be sure to tape off the two wires separately that come from the tail light harness.

To get quad tail lights you'll need to modify the Circuit boards, which I've also done.

God bless!
Scott

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What is required to mod the board and what does this do? Will tying into the trailer light harness give me the quad brake and turn signals?

·
Premium Member
Black 2006 SS
1,928 Posts
What is required to mod the board and what does this do? Will tying into the trailer light harness give me the quad brake and turn signals?
I think that someone just posted the write up a few posts back that explains how to modify the boards.
Modifying the boards will give you quad taillights. Tying into the trailer harness will give you quad brake lights and dual turn signals.

God bless!
Scott

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Hmmm interesting. I might try this, only thing that might stop me is I changed my middle bulb to amber since it's just a turn signal, when I have the hazards on it looks better cause everything is amber, front, mirrors, and tails. I'd be willing to put my red LEDs back in for brighter brakes lights though... hmm decisions decisions.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't open the link to the circuit board mod, any help?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts