Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a T4 flange/Turbo laying around that they can measure the circumference of the rectangular inlet on the turbo please? Starting mockup stage for Front mount now, and need to see what size piping to use after the "Y". 2.5" might be a tad small compared to flange, but thats what I want to check. I'm sure 3.0 is going to be too big and hurt velocity.

Circumference of 2.5" = 7.85
Circumference of 2.75" = 8.63
Circumference of 3.0" = 9.42

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ not quick - Thank you so much!!

For those that want the answer, it is 9.92"!! Much bigger than I thought. So I guess that means dual 2 1/2 merged to roughly 3.15" at the inlet of the flange. It is important to keep the flow up, and let the velocity be created in the turbo.

I have also found a way to do a 4" downpipe to dual 3" out the back. More details to come in a few months. Thanks to buttholes like skeith, (YOU Negative S.O.B.) I am not posting pics til its all done. But the intercooler will be similar to Nasty Nates version, and the turbo will be mounted 90 degrees off from what blkscls1z is doing. It will be mounted real similar to my Grand National turbo setup. I think the only thing that will have to be relocated in the engine compartment will be the heater hose, all exhaust goes under crossmember or through inner fender and down, and the exhaust manifolds stay as they are from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts