Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's not the rear, which would be easy to diagnose, probably the air-ride, its the complete right side of my TBSS sagging only... the whole truck is leaning to the right which is very strange... its about an inch-1.5.... Anyone know what this may be?

Thx

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Yep I would say the Right Rear Airbag is down.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
Been trying to figure this out for a few days myself. Entire truck has about a 1" lean to the passenger's side. What's the fix?

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Will it RE-inflate on it's own? Do they act-up and kinda fix themselves? Or will this be a trip to the dealer?

Does this mean that it needs to be replaced? Or will It kick-back on and inflate the rear?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Just tweak the ride height sensor above the rear wheel and be done with it. Two 10mm bolts set it in place, lossten thebolts a little and twist the sensor a small amount to adjust. Go in small increments, the air levelling is not instant, could have between a 10-45 second delay and air pumping cycle between each adjustment.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I went out this morning, started the car, it started raising up, almost normal height but stopped early a TAD and made a small "PSSST" air sound at the end before stopping

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Or sounds the compressor purged air. :burp:

You need to take measurements at all corners and start adjusting at the REAR LEFT. My bet is your rear left is off.

another note is the pass. front sags from factory. Fix- KBEE's.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
For $300 you could have got either the DJM spring conversion kit or the Belltech kit. Takes 15-30 minutes to do the swap depending on how bad you want it.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For $300 you could have got either the DJM spring conversion kit or the Belltech kit. Takes 15-30 minutes to do the swap depending on how bad you want it.
I didnt know it could be done that cheap, I may look into it because I still have 1.5 inch lean to the right of vehicle, even after the dealership fixed it

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Ok does the kit bolt right up? or do you have to drill new holes, fabricate new Brackets etc and all that?
nope only thing you would need to do is add the 1 inch spacers that costs $40 dollars.

Total would be $340 shipped to your door and I have a few sets in stock.

also the ride of the rear spring/shocks is better than bags.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
170 Posts
I just did the swap and it rides like a champ. I would do the spring conversion

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
nope only thing you would need to do is add the 1 inch spacers that costs $40 dollars.

Total would be $340 shipped to your door and I have a few sets in stock.

also the ride of the rear spring/shocks is better than bags.
Ok I have made up my mind to do this. Could you link me the kit/parts I need to buy? My brother has jack-stands and hydraulic jack so basically this sounds pretty easy I just need to make sure I get the spacers too.

Which brand kit would you reccomend rides best?

thanks so much

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Ok I have made up my mind to do this. Could you link me the kit/parts I need to buy? My brother has jack-stands and hydraulic jack so basically this sounds pretty easy I just need to make sure I get the spacers too.

Which brand kit would you reccomend rides best?

thanks so much
both ride good. Right now what does the front of your truck measure from ground to fenderlip?

will you be lowering the front?

·
Registered
2008 TBSS 3SS
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
both ride good. Right now what does the front of your truck measure from ground to fenderlip?

will you be lowering the front?
Ok I measured.

Ground to Fender lip:
Left rear: 33.5"
Right rear: 32.5"

I am not lowering it, I am just trying to get that right side back up and get this thing evened out at stock height, ditch the air-ride, because its pretty noticeable from staring at the front of the truck and the sides, even though 1 inch doesnt seem like much. So basically I am looking to do this coil kit to correct this problem. If you could link me the part numbers for the coil/shock kit and spacers I'd appreciate it.

THanks so much!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.