Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So took the SS out for a little joy ride tonight. I noticed it had a surge about 50-55 mph and slow speeds it would surge and backfire. Pulled it in the shop in p and n I revved it up and no miss but when I out it in gear and loaded the trans up it would miss. Decide to check the trans fluid and it was barely registering on the stick. Lookes at my areoforce and the trans temp was 185*. So my question is could the fluid being low cause this problem?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I agree. I plan on pulling all the plugs and checking them also. I am running the PCM wires with DEI heat socks so that's why I wasn't thinking a plug wire, but like you said its worth checking. Thing that get me is in park and neutral when I rev it up it doesn't miss a bit.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
i had the same issue at one point. it would rev fine with no load and bucked and spit under load. I had a loose plug wire

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok. I am going to check then all tomorrow song with topping the the trans off with fluid. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
197 Posts
Sounds like a plug issue. Just changed mine with the same issue. They were all around 53 though. It still feels under powered for some reason :dunno:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I got a set of tr6's for it. Now my question is what should they be gapped at?

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
What kyle said. Had the same issues couple years back with msd wires coming off the plug. Would only misfire under heavier load then normal or up hills.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help guys. I topped the trans fluid off today and we got the plugs changed out. I also put some gas in it. It had been setting for almost 3 months so im not sure if that may have been part of the problem or not but she seems to be running strong again now.

Heres a picture of my helper (the wifey) changing out some of the plugs while I took a break.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts