Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Later this year I'm planning on getting the exhaust done. Kooks/Pacesetter headers depending on money and a Hooker catback setup for single outlet. My question is the size of the headers. 1 3/4 is better for hp if Not going with an SC. 1 7/8 will loose me hp until I get a SC, and then the full benefits will come through. Is that right? I do plan on a supercharger down the road.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
correct with 1 7/8 you will loose power until you're SC

·
Premium Member
TBSS
1,860 Posts
i got 1 3/4 and im SC making 500+ at only 6 pounds:kissass:

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
yup, 1 7/8 will be overkill until ya you get SC'd-more air in means more air to let out.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input folks. I'm not sure exactly what the future holds. The info helps a lot.

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Coated Pacesetters w/catless mid pipes. Unless your running way more boost than a stock motor can support the difference between 1 3/4 & 1 7/8 isn't enough to justify the price difference. Save your money for a good FI cam.

·
The Master Baiter
TrailblazerSS
5,414 Posts
Single 3" after the headers is going to be an issue once you are supercharged...
Not exactly....I ran my 11.49 with a single 3" dumped right before the axle. BUT, it was still a restriction in my exhaust. Ultimately true dual 3" is the way to go if your going SC. Or, get some cutouts like Chris (jpracing01)

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
When I Did My 1 7/8" AR Headers I Gained 30hp/30tq At The Wheels AWD With A Proper Tune, Before The Maggie.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
If your worried that 1 7/8 will cost you power keep the stock cat-back... The 2.75" at the resonator will help keep some Back-pressure... And if your going to run a catted Y-pipe, theres a little more Back-pressure for you...

If not you can stick a banana in your tail-pipe... :banana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts