Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Skinny Pedal Abuser
06 TBSS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife takes it to get coffee. Having told her long ago not to open the sunroof after it didnt want to close one night, just to open it to vent. Well she opens it and breaks the pass side guide. So i spend an hour in the humid night in FL trying to get it to close and no joy. Just pulled the guides out and pushed it closed and stuffed a towel underneath so it wont fall into the truck and let water in. So are the guides something you can get replaced or is this a whole sunroof type deal?

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
Every thread about something breaking on a tbss, it was the wife's fault..

Gentleman we should not let our wives touch our trucks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
That stinks plus all that rain we have had!!

·
Skinny Pedal Abuser
06 TBSS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i was worried most about. I cant get into the garage cause the Buick is up on jackstands waiting for the trans. Guess i will call the dealership where i know one of the techs. Any TSB's on this?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,864 Posts
Not the wife's fault entirely....it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Usually this is a maintanace item that is neglected. It needs to be cleaned and lubricated every so often depending upon how often it is used.
I'm certain the parts are replaceable without having to purchase the entire unit.
I did a simple search for ya!
Here ya go:

http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/0208envoy.htm

Jim

·
Skinny Pedal Abuser
06 TBSS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course i know its not her fault. Thanks for the info. If the recall doesnt pan out i will surely go that route.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,864 Posts
No recall that I'm aware of. But good luck.

Jim

·
Skinny Pedal Abuser
06 TBSS
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No recall or TSB according to the local dealership. The one mentioned ono this site was for Hollandia and it doesnt look like the same setup as mine. So i ordered the parts and look forward to pulling apart the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts