Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so its time for new tires. Im only 18 playing college ball so im broke..ha whats the best/cheapest tires out there?? Also i want to know what size yall are running? I have 255/50/20 now but see alot of yall have different sizes...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,417 Posts
Thos Falkens are going to be your best bet for price and quality. Just remember if you find something cheaper you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Not necessarily. I have the Aturro AZ800 in 275/45-20 and they were $435 for a set of 4 and then $100 for M & B. These are great tires and will out track most tires-directional and UTQG of 420 traction A Temp A and V speed rated.

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
Best and cheapest are nothing you want to use in the same sentence for tires!!!

Lots of us have had great luck with the Nitto and Kumho brand on the TBSS.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best and cheapest are nothing you want to use in the same sentence for tires!!!

Lots of us have had great luck with the Nitto and Kumho brand on the TBSS.
haha yeah foreal!

·
Skinny Pedal Abuser
06 TBSS
224 Posts
I just got the Kumho STX's 275/45/20's thru tirerack for under 600 shipped. So far i like them alot. I turned off the TC/ST during a rainstorm to see how they performed in the rain. TONS better than the RSA, which left my shorts with a stain in the rain without traction control and stabilitrak. The Kumhos were very impressive. Plus, i dont find them any louder than the RSA's.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I will be getting a set of Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P's installed on Thursday. Not the cheapest, or the most expensive either. I liked the tread pattern and UTG (whatever) ratings. NTB has a deal this week for buy 2 get two free. :D

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,569 Posts
I was looking at getting the Firestone Destination ST but they are completely out of stock in the entire Austin area (backorder). Not sure how long they will take to come in but I hope its soon.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys..i have made up my mind to go 275/45/20 but for the tire im looking into either falkens or kumho..tough decision ha

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,978 Posts
i am about to make the same decision i was looking at the falken ziex 275/45/20 they are just under 600 shipped
That's what I just bought about a week ago, and I got them from Sears. $756.00 with road hazard and an all wheel alignment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts