making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have: 1/0 Memphis power- ground, remote and RCA's
2 extra batteries
Hifonics XX-Hercules [email protected] amp
Alpine IVA-NAV-1 cd/dvd head unit

I would like some help choosing a pair of 12's to run at 1000w rms a piece. I've looked at the Alpine Type X's and Solo Baric L7's and RE Audio SXX's. I want them to go into a ported enclosure, be LOUD and sound good still. There are so many different options out there and I'm not sure what to choose. I've even looked into the FI audio's but they are slightly on the expensive side. What would you guys recommend? Thanks for any help!!!:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
That amp is SICK go big and do 2 kicker L7 12"s

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
2 extra batteries is overkill imo

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 extra batteries is overkill imo
Yeah, lol, I agree. I bought them both with the amp but will probably only use one.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That amp is SICK go big and do 2 kicker L7 12"s
Dude, it looks awesome! I had it hooked up to my alpine type r 12 and only turned it up to like 6-10 on the volume(for obvious reasons) and it was so much different sq wise than my 1000w v power alpine amp.

·
Registered
708 Posts
i had six jl audio 12w3v2 wired in series and parallel going into one channel. all you really need is a high amp alt and one extra battery. you gotta charge the batteries

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
925 Posts
GET 6 JL AUDIO 13W7's then youll be just fine... deaf. but fine.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
33 Posts
1 Do not go with JL. Over priced.

The RE SXX are sick and the Sundown Nightshade subs are suppose to be really nice.

Personally if i was you i would go with 1 SSA Xcon 12 or 10. Its 1750 rms and it will do everything you are looking for. These subs are by far the best and i have had a lot of subs. JL Sundown RE Alpine Kicker Audiobahn.... you name it i most likely had it. Check out SSA.

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Elemental Design 13AV.2

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess I should have updated this a long time ago.. I decided to go with Fi Audio.. Went with their BTL N2 line. I very highly recommend any sub that Fi makes. Plus they have custom options tailored to what you want. Each sub is custom built to your specs. Prices wont break the bank either..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts