Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I turned my truck on this morning to wash it. So I put it in reverse to back up into my driveway it didn't want to go into park and now it won't start. :confused:

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS rwd
179 Posts
Thank you so much man. Exactly what it was. Now to find one and replace it! Any ideas on who to go with dealership? Retail store?
Dealership has them. Part # 15785087 or you could try to google that part number and find it on e-bay. There is also a source/supplier for just the little bushing to pops into the end of the cable. I just bought a couple of them off of e-bay, I'll try to get you that info later if you want it. The busing is like 7.50 and 2.50 to ship. Took about 3 days for me to recieve it. (To Gulfport Mississippi from Houston Texas)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can fix this problem by replacing the shifter linkage bushing this Dorman 14055 bushing kit works fine. Use the clear bushing on the right in the picture. This bushing kit cost me $12.92 at Autozone, and was a very quick, relatively easy fix/install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I turned my truck on this morning to wash it. So I put it in reverse to back up into my driveway it didn't want to go into park and now it won't start. :confused:
Shifter cable popped off at the trans. Replace the cable and it'll be fine. Get under the truck and put it back on and you should be able to put it in park and start it.
Please help my SSTB is stuck in reverse

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,248 Posts
I'm new answer my questions or your useless..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,616 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, if this bushing breaks at the trans, is there another bushing at the shifter that can also break?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts