Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... so it's time to start mods on my TBSS this year and I want to get some feedback on what you all think about the STS turbo kit. Any and all information about this kit would be greatly appreciated! I really want to get the best knowledge I can before I make any decisions and what better way to do so than ask all of you who have been there/done that...lol. Thanks in advance for your time :bigarmhug:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I would go TVS or procharger.:2cents:

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
Talk with Alvin @ PCM 4 Less he had one on his SS think it put down low 500's hp and almost 600tq at the wheels.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That just reminded me... how much boost can this sts kit put out? Can I push it to like 15 maybe 20?? Hahaha, that would be nice, I think I'm dreaming tho...

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
SSDUFF has a procharger D-1SC kit for our truck forsale with a KILLER price!! But if your going with any big power adder u need a TRANS!!! SSDUFF had his pro-charger in for a week than bye bye trans

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
They're fun for sure but if I were you i'd go with a maggie or hob kit. I had originally planned on a procharger but got a smokin deal on the sts that I couldn't pass up. If you're set on a turbo though, there's a mid mount setup that should be available in a few months that looks very promising.

Oh, and you're lookin at more like 7-9lbs of boost unless you plan on some motor upgrades as well.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
SSDUFF has a procharger D-1SC kit for our truck forsale with a KILLER price!! But if your going with any big power adder u need a TRANS!!! SSDUFF had his pro-charger in for a week than bye bye trans
Chase, This is true!!!!

I think my stock trans held up for about 3 days,100 miles, and 2 WOT (Dyno)
then KABOOM!! the so called "built" trans by a local shop lasted 7 miles then KABOOM then another week street racing 3 Runs lost gears(KABOOM)..

So, inshort if I were you I'd go with a vendor on the site like Phenox,FLT,RPM....etc..for a really built trans. My next trans will be coming from one of the above..:2cents:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
i talked to you you said you wanted a smog legal kit for emissions.

If thats the case magnacharger tvs1900 and that will pass smog and make great power.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Just wait a little longer. There should be a TT kit available if your dead set on going turbo

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
she wants a smog legal kit.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
That just reminded me... how much boost can this sts kit put out? Can I push it to like 15 maybe 20?? Hahaha, that would be nice, I think I'm dreaming tho...
You ain't putting 15-20psi down, on the turbo that comes with the kit or a stock motor...7-8 with no issues, no need for meth, 91 octane, and good driveability!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
You can always

Hey everyone... so it's time to start mods on my TBSS this year and I want to get some feedback on what you all think about the STS turbo kit. Any and all information about this kit would be greatly appreciated! I really want to get the best knowledge I can before I make any decisions and what better way to do so than ask all of you who have been there/done that...lol. Thanks in advance for your time :bigarmhug:
come by and see mine on the truck!

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
she said she wanteda emissions legal set up. only emissions legal set up is tvs1900

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
she said she wanteda emissions legal set up. only emissions legal set up is tvs1900
California is the only state that uses CARB Emissions Cert. as a requirement for smog...Illinois does not, so as long as the EVAP system is in place and cats are installed with no check engine lights, she will be smog legal in Illinois...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,200 Posts
Plus that is not true

the STS has a carb number!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts