Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did an STS equip 2006 tbss yesterday after the intake and header only truck.

2006 TBSS 2wd
Stock motor
STS 76mm turbo kit
60# injectors with upgraded pump and lines
6# of boost

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Great numbers for all stock.. this brings a question... with STS being rear mounted... the manifolds are then un-touched... so a set of headers could in fact still help and be used with this turbo....?

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
Great numbers for all stock.. this brings a question... with STS being rear mounted... the manifolds are then un-touched... so a set of headers could in fact still help and be used with this turbo....?
Thermo efficiency goes out the window. But can be counter reacted, by completely rapping every exhaust part in header tape.

It's a double edged sword. Stock manifolds are free, so why not!

Good numbers BA!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
A lot of people forget I had one of the first STS kits on my own trailblazer SS. Wrap the Y pipe in header wrap and it will behave much better and spool even faster. My truck ended up putting down 520rwhp 580 ft lbs of torque at 7 psi but it took a lot of playing with that kit to get it to perform like I thought it should. I would also look at upgrading the oil pump on the kit as a proactive solution to its inevitable failure :(

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Damn that is a pretty sick setup I like it! Video's next time--you know we all love hearing some spool action!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,037 Posts
Nice #'s. I would love to turbo my truck!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
244 Posts
A lot of people forget I had one of the first STS kits on my own trailblazer SS. Wrap the Y pipe in header wrap and it will behave much better and spool even faster. My truck ended up putting down 520rwhp 580 ft lbs of torque at 7 psi but it took a lot of playing with that kit to get it to perform like I thought it should. I would also look at upgrading the oil pump on the kit as a proactive solution to its inevitable failure :(
i remember riding in it!!! it was a blast!!!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,288 Posts
how much does a set up lik this cost

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
302 Posts
I am only running 5.5# and the truck is a blast to drive! I plan to up the boost to 7# when i can afford to get a new tranny for the truck. We shall see what happens at 7#'s i am hoping for around 530hp to the wheels??

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
how much does a set up lik this cost
The base STS kit costs $5995+$200 Shipping.

The kit includes a 60-1 Turbo however, we highly suggest upgrading to the optional 67mm turbo which is an additional $300. The optional Boost Gage and Wide Band are $675 and come with a basic Mounting pod. This kit is universal for 2WD or AWD TBSS's.

Install runs approximately $1200.

Was that on Tony's truck?
Not Tony's truck this is a local 2WD.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Goodness. I got mine used for 2800. lol.

I highly recommend a turbowerx scavenge pump...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts