Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when im in park/neutral and i rev it it stops at 4000rpm. i was like :wtf: it wont let me go any futher. Y? i was thinking it would go all the way till it redlines. somebody school me on this. does anybody else have this problem. i have a 07 TBSS...

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Just say no to free revving. :rofl: I think it's a safety feature. I don't think my '06 has it though.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
It is a safety feature common in most cars. No Load goosing is pretty hard on the engine internals, and should be avoided. Although, I admit, it does sound pretty sweet when you do it, and is very tempting.

[edit] But as above, my 06 does not have it either. I don't know if it was present before my tune or not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
why don't you just pour bleach in the oil fill, it will smoke the bearings qucker.

It's a rev limiter that is set so you can't over rev in nutural.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
It seems it's just the '07s... I had an '06 TBSS and it let you free rev to the limiter. It must just keep people from blowing it up.

H

·
0 Posts
Yea, not a good idea- great way to pitch a rod out the side of your block. Its the P/N rev limit parameter. It was set at 4k in my 06 as well

B

·
0 Posts
the 07's only rev to 4k, but the 06's let you rev to 6k...pretty gay if u ask me....

·
Premium Member
08 trailbazer 2wd
5,702 Posts
mine is tuned though

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Hey, this thread was written just after my birthday...that wasn't anywhere near recently...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
116 Posts
Wow that sucks, you can only do neutral drops from 4 grand. :rofl:

·
Senior Towmaster
2007 TrailblazerSS
3,029 Posts
Wow that sucks, you can only do neutral drops from 4 grand. :rofl:
Just try it...

Won't happen.

The engine slowly slows down below 2000 RPM before it will shift to drive at 0 MPH. Just see the throttle hang up thread I have...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts