Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
252 Posts
Correct on the light....it is for collision airbags.

I went with a spring conversion, 1 and done. Helper air springs will keep it able to tow.

·
Registered
07 TBSS 2WD
20 Posts
I can’t speak to HPTuners, my TBSS (sold last year) was stock. It was my wife’s minivan😬
But don’t go to a ‘mechanic that does some trans stuff’.....go to a dedicated transmission shop. Pay the hour diag, and have that guy verify with his scan tool, that the truck ‘knows’ you want 4th gear. Is it possible that your shift cable is out of alignment? Like maybe the dash shows your in overdrive....but the shifter is actually in D3? Does the shifter feel like there a detent in between N and D? I’m just throwing wild guesses. But within the realm of possibility...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
107 Posts
Broken or unseated circlip in the 3-4 clutch pack is my call. Assuming your electronics are good (verify no bent pins) and the 4th gear apply servo is good.... Has to be something in the clutch paks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Broken or unseated circlip in the 3-4 clutch pack is my call. Assuming your electronics are good (verify no bent pins) and the 4th gear apply servo is good.... Has to be something in the clutch paks
I sure hope you are wrong as that means another R&R, plus crating and shipping back to FLT round trip :(
The level 5 FLT build had "B/W Hi-Energy 3-4 Clutch Pack" installed. What could make this fail (if that turns out to be the actual cause) in less than 10,000 miles?
Having invested over $6,500 into this transmission BEFORE even getting started with the new repair makes this a financial nightmare. I thought I was doing everything right

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So, the Sonnax 4th Gear Super Servo was replaced, and as some of you predicted....it did nothing (no changes)
Chuck from FLT called my local transmission guy and instructed him to hook up a scanner and drive the vehicle to see if 4th gear is being commanded in the first place (as some of you suggested earlier) I have an appointment this saturday to find out. Do any of you have any thoughts as to what should be performed at this stage?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I can’t speak to HPTuners, my TBSS (sold last year) was stock. It was my wife’s minivan😬
But don’t go to a ‘mechanic that does some trans stuff’.....go to a dedicated transmission shop. Pay the hour diag, and have that guy verify with his scan tool, that the truck ‘knows’ you want 4th gear. Is it possible that your shift cable is out of alignment? Like maybe the dash shows your in overdrive....but the shifter is actually in D3? Does the shifter feel like there a detent in between N and D? I’m just throwing wild guesses. But within the realm of possibility...
I am doing this tomorrow.....hopefully we will get some new information then. There does not appear to be any problems with the shift cable but I certainly would not rule out an electrical issue.
to be continued...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
couldn't find any electrical problems, computer is commanding all four gears to transmission like it is supposed to. I've been requested by FLT to ship it back to them for inspection.
Has anybody shipped an entire transmission before? Ive found what I think will work for a container. I know I'll need to affix all to a pallet. any suggestions on freight carrier, etc.?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts