·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty confused as to what is causing this.:
slightly less than 6 months and 10,000 miles ago I purchased:
  • Level 5 Transmission from Finish Line Transmissions
  • Yank Pro 2800 stall Torque Converter and new Flex Plate and ARP torque bolts
  • Derale 13740 Transmission Cooler w/dual fans, stainless/braided lines, etc.
  • FSR Racing Aluminum Radiator (with NO transmission reservoir) and cast cap.
  • Hoses, Belts, Tensioners,, and all four O2 sensors replaced about 2 months earlier

Last Monday early morning I got on the highway and found I have no 4th gear! All other functions seem normal but at highway speeds it just remains in 3rd (I shift between 3 and D to confirm......there is no change in RPM) so I am running about 4,000 RPM at 80mph. I do not know if this is related but I've also had problems with the truck not starting intermittently. I turn the key and all dash lights come on but zero energy to the starter. Not so much as a click. It is not the battery as I've had it tested. It has happened about 4-5 times these past 3 moths. Sooner or later it decides to start up after a half hour of checking fuses, battery cables, etc. and I'm on my way again. I've purchased both a new ignition switch and New build starter but have not installed them yet. The transmission issue really concerns me (obviously). I have not towed and the trans temps have never gone over 180 or so. (I have a scan gauge) The fluid looks/smells normal. No engine light. Any ideas?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any suggestions as to how I might have lost 4th gear in less than 10,000 miles???

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm sure they offer a warranty. I'd suggest contacting them as a first step on what to do. Odds are it's a removal and sending it to them for inspection and play a waiting game.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
believe it or not it fell just ONE WEEK past their official warranty period of 6 months (I have less than 10,000 miles on it too) but as you mentioned, Chuck is pretty good at taking care of people, and he even mentioned about taking care of issues that fall close to the warranty (I think this best fits that category). In all, removing and shipping back to ILL is what I was hoping was a LAST RESORT option, not first choice as I'm looking at minimum $500 just in round trip freight (sigh!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts