Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Today 3/30/2021 my 2007 Trailblazer was reported STOLEN in MN 55343. It is an LS "phantom". I replaced the wheels and tires to SS black OEM w/ Goodyear F1 tires, new SS front bumper cover new grill for the LS so it is "short"; bow tie is RED, new headlamps , replaced the cloth seats w/ grey leather. It is licensed from Georgia PIX9560; NO FRONT PLATE. It is an I6 2 WD, black w/grey. I ordered a cowl hood from Scott last year but never had is installed. If seen in MN please contact a local police or Hopkins PD952-938-8885 qw/ informantion.
THX
I want my project back
G-Man in MN

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
827 Posts
Sorry to hear your ride was stolen. Post up any pics

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear your ride was stolen. Post up any pics

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
THX for the reply.
I do not have a current photo. Just the description: Blk w/ grey OEM SS wheels SS front NEW bumper LS grille w/ RED bow tie. In MPLS MN area.
GA plate PIX9560 Sept 21 tabs.
Is there a MN TBSS chapter? Maple Grove???

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,036 Posts
Sorry to hear this. At least the robbers will be super disappointed when they see it’s just a clone. These trucks are usually stolen for the LS drivetrain. When they pop the hood and see a 6 cylinder, they will be mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FlomaxSS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear this. At least the robbers will be super disappointed when they see it’s just a clone. These trucks are usually stolen for the LS drivetrain. When they pop the hood and see a 6 cylinder, they will be mad.

THX Mike
I agree and that is what has been discussed in town. "They" thought they would get the big motor and might drop it when they discover the I6. I might lose the wheels.
Thanks again from G-Man in MN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Mike
Did you mean "stolen for the SS (V8) drive train"?
I had an LS I6 2wd. Pretty base truck cloth seats etc
I thought the LS only came w/ an I6 ??

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,036 Posts
Mike
Did you mean "stolen for the SS (V8) drive train"?
I had an LS I6 2wd. Pretty base truck cloth seats etc
I thought the LS only came w/ an I6 ??
The SS comes with an LS2 6.0L V8. They def did not take it for the 6 cylinder motor.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,873 Posts
No it didn't - only the 2006-2009 TBSS did.

Reactions: MikeDeez

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
236 Posts
To help clarify...in 2006 the "SS" package was an option for the regular TB build sheet, based on either the ls or lt . In 2007 - 2009 the "SS" was a stand-alone, with either the 1SS or 3SS option. Every "SS" will have an "H" engine designation in the VIN.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
The Trailblazer came in following trim options:

LS
LT
SS

The Trailblazer came with the following engines:

I6
5.3 “LS” V8
6.0 “LS” V8

Does this clear it up? The “LS” that people want to steal is the engine. The common GM V8 engine is called the LS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Trailblazer came in following trim options:

LS
LT
SS

The Trailblazer came with the following engines:

I6
5.3 “LS” V8
6.0 “LS” V8

Does this clear it up? The “LS” that people want to steal is the engine. The common GM V8 engine is called the LS.
Thank you.
That is what I believe was up. The THIEF assumed my "phantom" was either an LS model w/ the V8 motor (as in LS1or LS3) or even an SS with the V8 motor because of the OEM wheels and SS front bumper cover.
What do they do w/ the V8 motors? Put them in I6's upgrades or other projects?
Day 3: no find.

Anyone see PIX9560 Georgi
a plate or the red bow tie front grille please call local PD.
THX again to all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there any one from MN on this forum?
Yes.....not telling where for TBSS thefts are on the rise and I have one of the only low mileage under 55,000...Scott's hood maverick rear and front carbon fiber spoilers...and Butnik custom wheels and getting ready to install a wetsump LS7....you'll see in running around the cities area but never left alone....its a shame that people don't respect the game....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes.....not telling where for TBSS thefts are on the rise and I have one of the only low mileage under 55,000...Scott's hood maverick rear and front carbon fiber spoilers...and Butnik custom wheels and getting ready to install a wetsump LS7....you'll see in running around the cities area but never left alone....its a shame that people don't respect the game....
I do understand. I was looking for "members" in MPLS to on the look-out for MY I6 with SS bumper and SS wheels w/ Goodyear F1 tires and red bowtie truck grill.
see me at carreradesignsmn.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do understand. I was looking for "members" in MPLS to on the look-out for MY I6 with SS bumper and SS wheels w/ Goodyear F1 tires and red bowtie truck grill.
see me at carreradesignsmn.com
They normally steal cars until they run out of gas on Minnesota, so it's probably already at the impound.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts