Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my stock "dubs", everyone seems to think they look better than most aftermarket options...

I just wish we had a 20x9 OEM wheel!

What do you all think?

I just wanted to be the first EVER thread in this section!

Steve

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
I like the stock rims compared to much of what is out there available for our trucks. There just is not that big of a selection due to the retarded lug size that Chevy doomed us with. Why they did not us the 6x5.5" like on other Chevy trucks, I will never know?

I do however like these...

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put these wheels on my uncle's Denali in a 22" and love them...but no go on the TBSS lug pattern...damned 6x5...

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is possible to widen the stock wheels... I think it's $125 per wheel... and width is added to the inside of the rim.

How much wider can a wheel go on the front, or rear, and clear the suspension??

I'm sure someone here knows... probably Norcal for sure.

Go to www.fixrim.com

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
that guy from bones enterprises said that after the srt8 runs of 22s we would be looked at next for a 22x9.5 in the stock pattern

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that guy from bones enterprises said that after the srt8 runs of 22s we would be looked at next for a 22x9.5 in the stock pattern
Fuck man...its about time...How much is he talkin'??? Are they going to be backspaced accoringly to push the tire out flush with the fender lip???

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like my stock "dubs", everyone seems to think they look better than most aftermarket options...

I just wish we had a 20x9 OEM wheel!

Evil SS, I totally agree. I like my factory wheels as well. I wanted added tread on the ground plus the better performance. My car is not slammed but lowered 1 1/4 inch. I had 2 inches added to the rear wheels and am using Goodyear RS-A 295x40x20's in the rear. RS-A 245x45x20 in front to give matching tread and sidewall bulge and aspect ratio look. It takes a few small tweeks to gain added clearance on the inside where the wheel could rub but overall worth is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Pedro, where have you been? Miss your posts. How about an update on your ride. The wheel/tire thing has worked out very well. Andy has the same setup on his TBSS as well. The 295's do a better job on launches. Lets hear from you.

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
2,157 Posts
i cant post over on tv.com,lol. Im under frijolero over there now though. No update on the truck, still running about it.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS
2,304 Posts
Wheels w/ a lip?!?!

Does anyone make a wheel that looks worth a shit? I don't want to go custom :( . I might be able to get a few strings pulled w/ a certain someone who had a handful of my coworkers on his TV show... But.. Ehh.. Damn our shitty bolt pattern :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Does anyone make a wheel that looks worth a shit? I don't want to go custom :( . I might be able to get a few strings pulled w/ a certain someone who had a handful of my coworkers on his TV show... But.. Ehh.. Damn our shitty bolt pattern :(
Agreed. I haven't really seen a single aftermarket wheel that looked decent to me yet.

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
2,157 Posts
so ur sayin mine are ugly, spick?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
The only aftermarket wheels that I want cost too much. HRE will make you anything in any bolt pattern, but they are about $2000 per wheel for the ones I want.

I think I might do the black chrome coating on my stockers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts