Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 08 that was lowered by a previous owner. It has 100K miles on it with what appears to be the original struts and rear shocks. The ride is terrible and I want to fix it with the belltech struts and shocks, and norcals upper control arms. I cant tell how the front is lowered but comparing the strut springs on my truck vs my friends 06, it appears the springs may have been cut. My springs look to have about 7 coils. Does anyone know how many coils the stock spring should have?

·
Registered
1949 TrailblazerSS
31 Posts
Mine has 8 coils on both sides, plus the top coil should be more flat. I would say the coils were cut.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
Yep that's so gay :)

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
oh you have the spacer on yours its a 08 up. on those trucks they have the black spacer on the bottom so you can remove that for a drop also.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
Iirc getting rid of the plastic isolator on the 08 up trucks drops it 3/4 of a inch

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
Cool, thanks Tony.

I may try that to see if it can compensate for the lean a little to see if it can fix my camber issue. Will go with the Belltechs if it works.

·
"THE MARLEY SOJA"
08' tbss
552 Posts
Saw this thread and wanted to know if taking the driver side spacer out on the perch would even out my 08 . I'm going to be replacing the struts next week and it be nice to be able to even it back out . I'm just running the 1st gen djm arms (modded) and bones with oe strut spring combo . Thinking of going bells to match the rear shocks and 31.5 spring conversion

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
You can take it out yes. But pass side might still be lower

1 - 10 of 10 Posts