Registered
07 AWD 3SS
702 Posts
get them black chromed

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
Clean them with just a good car wash soap and get rid of the brake dust on the inside of the rims! Wax will help keep the brake dust and crap from sticking!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Another thing you can try besides cleaning them really well is to wax them as if you were to wax your truck. When I went to get my exhaust done by Matt at Tune Time..him and another gentleman (that had his SS there getting work done) both complimented on how my rims look. I use Meguire's Gold Class wax or Meguire's NXT wax...Try it and see how you like it. :)

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:coolthumb: I'll give that a try thanks
Another thing you can try besides cleaning them really well is to wax them as if you were to wax your truck. When I went to get my exhaust done by Matt at Tune Time..him and another gentleman (that had his SS there getting work done) both complimented on how my rims look. I use Meguire's Gold Class wax or Meguire's NXT wax...Try it and see how you like it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,774 Posts
Great tips.

If you have the means (jack and jack stands) pull the rims off once a month or so and thoroughly clean the back sides. You'll be amazed at the junk you can't get with them still on the truck.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Like stated above get them blk chromed, lol. I used 40 grit sandpaper and mine came out looking awesome!! actually these r polished professionally at a local shop. These rims you will never get them looking " tits"

·
Registered
132 Posts
from experience...ceramic pads will GREATLY reduce brake dust,and not affect stopping capabilities!lotta folks are raving about "Rejex".too!

·
Registered
376 Posts
ceramic break pads will also wear down your rotors quicker. thats what the guy told me when i went to inquire about them...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get one of those "Power Balls" for your drill (Walmart auto dept or any Autozone, etc). I clean the rims normally and put the power ball on each rim for a couple minutes. Its gets in between the spokes really well and puts a mirror finish on the wheels. I also notice since there is no addl wax or tire prep on the wheels, the brake dust doesn't build up as quick.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Rejex

from experience...ceramic pads will GREATLY reduce brake dust,and not affect stopping capabilities!lotta folks are raving about "Rejex".too!
Just got some of the Rejex stuff last week.... works pretty well...keeps the brake dust from sticking to the rims....

But I put them on new rims so the finish is still really good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts