Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 TBSS with 130K miles. The front suspension feels kinda loose on the bumps and I assume I need new ball joints. Does the uppers wear out too? How hard is the change out vs.how much does it cost to have it done? It is hot in Texas and I am getting too busy to f-with it.

I love the truck and use it for highway driving. No desire to lower or add performance aftermarket parts. Stock is fine.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
If i wasnt so busy at work I would do the work for you so you dont have to hastle with Dealer costs

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
First thing to go is bushings. All 8 can be changed in about 2 hours at home with a floor jack. Ball joints usually take over 100K miles to go bad.

I did all my bushings a short while back, bought from amazon.com, upper a-arms with new bushing pre-installed were about $35 each, lower a-arm bracket with new bushing were about $50ish each. Alignment was necessary afterward.

See my post here:
http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/front-aftermarket-arms-coilovers-drop-struts/156089-worn-out-bushings.html

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
867 Posts
I have some moog brand new in box upper and lower ball joints which i paid around 40 a piece. If interested let me know and we could make a deal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts